What are Perforated Window Decals?
– Perforated window decals refer to images and graphics which are printed directly onto perforated, adhesive vinyl material. Perforated window decals feature one-way vision, allowing them to be seen from outside a window of a store (for example) but not from the inside. This is made possible by puncturing fifty percent of the vinyl material with tiny holes which are referred to as ‘micropunctures’. These are small enough to enable the perforated window decal to maintain high quality imagery on one side, and be see-through on the other.
Our perforated window decals are made for both indoor and outdoor use. The most common uses for our perforated window decals are business or storefront advertising, window décor, product promotion, window signage, and branding, among others. They can be used to cover entire windows as they also deflect sunlight and provide shade and privacy.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR THE ESTIMATE | PERFORATED WINDOW DECALS PHOENIX ARIZONA | CUSTOMGRAPHIX.NET
Perforated Window Decal Features
– Easy to install – Our perforated window decals do not require professional assistance for installation. One may simply and easily install our perforated window decals by following our step by step installation guide we have provided below, which we also deliver with every package request;
– Adhere to the outside of a window – Installing our perforated window decals on the outside of a window enables maximum visibility, and it prevents the perforated window decal to be covered up by window glare or tint;
– Vibrant, high color graphics – We print our perforated window decals onto perforated vinyl material using state of the art printers with advanced four color process ensuring that the final product comes in the most vibrant and clear colors possible;
– Weatherproof and waterproof – Designated for outdoor use, our perforated window decals are manufactured out of durable vinyl material crafted to withstand rain, sunshine, and other elements for at least three years;
– Fifty-fifty micro-perforated pattern – Fifty percent of our perforated window decals consists of solid vinyl material, while the other half consists of micropunctures. This allows one side of perforated window decal to appear opaque and the other – transparent.
Weight – zero-point-zero-nine pounds per square foot, about the weight of nine quarters;
Thickness – Zero-point-zero-sixteen inches, about the thickness of four sheets of copy paper;
Details – perforated, long lifespan, provides privacy, easy installation and removal;
Uses – Indoors and outdoors. Retail, home, storefront, or office windows;
Print method – Four color process, eco-friendly, printed with ultraviolet ink that is resistant to weather, fade, and abrasion;
Estimated lifespan – Three years or more, with proper care and maintenance.
Simple Installation / No Professional Help Required
We have provided the following installation manual to help with the quick and easy installation of our perforated window decals. Instruction manuals are also included in each order, and one may also refer to this page as well as download our PDF-formatted instruction manual for assistance.
When it comes to large perforated window decals we do recommend having at least one other person assisting with the installation.
– The window is to be cleaned prior to the installation, removing all dirt and grime from the surface;
– The perforated window decal is to be aligned onto the window with the backing still intact, and made sure it aligns properly;
– Window is to be marked with a washable marker. Double-check the alignment to make sure that the perforated window decal is exactly where it should be;
– The perforated window decal is to be pulled from the window, backing removed, exposing the black adhesive side of the product. If the backing appears to be tearing when removed, it may because not all its layers are removed adequately. When the backing is properly removed, the adhesive, blacks side of the decal should be revealed;
– The perforated window decal is to be aligned to the previously made markings and applied to the window. Our perforated window decals are dry-installed, so no water is to be used at any step of the process. A squeegee or a flat edge are to be used when applying the perforated window decal, starting from the center and working one’s way outward towards the corners;
– Once the entirety of the perforated window decal has been applied to the window, the excess material around the edges is to be removed with a razor blade.
* Squeegees are available for purchase at a small additional cost with perforated window decals.
Care and Maintenance
– If possible, our perforated window decals are to be washed with a damp cloth, while pressure washers are to be avoided as they can cause peeling. To remove our perforated window decals, gentle peeling from top to bottom should do the job. Any leftover adhesive is to be removed with soapy water, or adhesive cleaning solution and a razor blade.
Selecting the Best Size and Design for Perforated Window Decals
– If one wishes to cover an entire window with our perforated window decal, they should start by measuring the largest width and height to ensure that our delivered graphic will over all areas of the window;
– Next, they should order their perforated window decal at one inch wider than the width of their window, and one inch higher than the height of their window in order to allow for trimming. For example, if a window is fifty by twenty inches, one should order a fifty-one by twenty-one inch perforated window decal;
– When designing the perforated window decal, the design, image, or graphic are to be placed in the center of the decal in order to ensure that the main part of design won’t be cut off by trimming;
– To maximize the visibility of our perforated window decals, one should make sure to use high contrasts between backgrounds, lettering, objects, and images of the quoted design. Generally speaking, darker letters, objects, and images with lighter background installed on dark surfaces tend to have the most impressive appearance. It is highly important to note that the perforated window decal may appear washed out or even allow two-way visibility of it is dark outside but there are lights on the inside.
One Way Vision
The most unique, and primary feature of perforated window decals as a specialized signage product is their ability to provide one-way vision. The micropunctures in the material allow a vibrant image or graphic to be displayed on the outside of a window, while appearing as clear glass on the inside. This is a perfect signage solution for advertising sales, promotions, and products, while maintaining privacy and shade.
It is very important to note that the one way vision feature of our perforated window decals can be negated if the inside of the setting is brighter than the exterior, such as well lit stores at nighttime. This applies to all perforated window decals on the market, and isn’t a fault of our brand.
Piece Multiple Perforated Window Decals Together to Create Stunning Large Displays
– Measure the full window – The full size (height and width) of a window are to be measured in inches. The rubber, or metal edges of the window are not to be included in the calculations.
– Measure each window individually – The full size (height and width) of each window are to be measured in inches. The rubber, or metal edges of the windows are not to be included in the calculations.
– Fill out our free design services form – The form on our Free Design Services page is to be filled out, provided with the measurements of the windows as well as a file or idea of the image or graphic one would like to use. One of our professional graphic designers will contact you within twenty-four hours, and will work with you personally, free of charge, to make sure you get exactly what you need for your new multi-panel window display.
What material do we use to manufacture our perforated window decals?
– We produce our perforated window decals out of a perforated adhesive vinyl material. This material produces amazing looking decals which are also durable enough to withstand outdoor use for several years. It consists of fifty-fifty ratio of micropunctures and solid material.
How does one know where the perforated window decal will be transparent and allow one way visibility?
– Our perforated window decals are the perfect solution for those seeking one way visibility on windows. As we mentioned above, our perforated window decals are manufactured with micropunctures across the entire surface area of the graphic. These micropunctures are what allows one way visibility even when the product covers the entire surface area of a window.
They may be used in either business or home environments. The inside will portray a clear glass surface, while those approaching from the outside will see the design that has been printed on the decal and will not be able to see through it.
While sometimes, our perforated window decals can be seen through from the outside, this depends on the circumstances and the design printed on the decal.
If someone is approaching from the outside at night, and the inside is highly lit, they may be able to see through it somewhat. However, large perforated window decals with designs that feature dark colors and cover the majority of the surface area will be much less transparent than smaller designs with lighter colors.
Regardless of the slight variations in visibility, design, and situation, our perforated window decals are an excellent solution for storefront advertising that obscures the inside of the business and enticed the customers in while advertising through beautiful graphics.
How large are the micropunctures?
– The micropunctures we apply in manufacturing our perforated window decals have a hole diameter of one point one millimeters, or zero-point-zero-six inches. In other words, they are very small. In aggregate, they cover fifty percent of the surface of the product.
Do we offer other types of decals?
– Absolutely! We offer a wide variety of decals, including several different types of window decals.
For example, we offer custom window clings. Static window clings are a great alternative to the semi-permanent window decals that we also offer, as they can be applied and removed as many time as one may need. They ‘cling’ to a window rather than use a long-lasting adhesive.
Additionally, we offer several different types of custom window decals. Clear window decals re transparent regardless of the surface they are installed on, and can be used inside as well as outside. Placing our custom clear window decals on the inside allows the customers to see it from outside, and this is referred to as ‘inside glass’ or ‘reverse print’ and is a great alternative for businesses or homes located in harsher climates.
Opaque window decals offer a fully opaque window signage solution regardless of the surface they are installed on. The aforementioned ‘inside glass’ option is not available with opaque window decals owing to the default opaque nature of the material itself.
We also offer perforated, clear, and opaque car window decals, for those seeking to utilize vehicle decals to advertise their business, or for any other purpose.
Do we coat our perforated window decals in laminate?
– Considering that we manufacture our perforated window decals with a high quality vinyl material, with an industrial grade adhesive technology, no additional laminate is necessary to seal and protect our perforated window decals. Our decals are made to be used and endure in harsh weather conditions, to be resistant to fading, and to last for more than five years with proper care and maintenance.
What is the difference between vinyl window decals, window stickers, and window graphics?
– For all intents and purposes, all of the aforementioned terms are interchangeable. At the very least, the usage of these terms will generally be understood within the industry. It is still important to mention that any professional signage company will ask questions regarding terminology for the purposes of making sure that their customers get exactly what they need.
This is because, while both clings and decals can be referred to as ‘window graphics’, they are extremely different in the way they work. Clings have no adhesive technology applied to them and are repositionable. Decals, on the other hand, are more similar to stickers and are semi-permanent in nature owing to the adhesive backing technology used in their manufacturing. Attempting to remove and reposition a window decal will not work, while doing so with window clings takes less than a minute or two.
As long as our customers understand the difference between clings and decals, as well as the transparency provided by the different decal options, we will be able to understand them regardless of the term they use.
How thick are our perforated window decals?
– The actual thickness of our perforated window decals is about one hundred and forty microns, or zero-point-zero-zero-fifty-five inches. This would be comparable to the thickness of a couple of pieces of normal print paper. In other words, they are extremely thin.
What is the lifespan of our perforated window decals?
– The estimated lifespan for our perforated window decals is five years or more with proper application and maintenance. The lifespan can, however, vary quite a bit depending on the situation and usage.
Our perforated window decals that are installed onto interior windows in office settings, for example, can easily last more than five years. The perforated window decals that are used on the exterior windows of storefronts in harsh climates may last between three to five years.
Additionally, the perforated window decals which have been damaged by improper window washing, or even peeled away by the passerby will obviously not last as long as the ones which have simply been installed and never touched again.
Does exposure to sun or other elements damage perforated window decals?
– The actual printing should last as long as the product itself, as we produce all our perforated window decals with ultraviolet ink that is resistant to fade and abrasion.
As we have mentioned above, the constant exposure to elements may reduce the lifespan of our perforated window decals. However, even if the harshest of elements we have witnessed our perforated window decals last several years.
Can perforated window decals be cut to shape, or individual items?
– Our perforated window decals are typically not used in this manner. For this purpose, vinyl lettering is a better alternative. If one is interested in this type of window signage, they should not hesitate to contact us and inquire further.
Our perforated window decals can technically be cut custom, also known as ‘contour cut’, or custom with border, also known as ‘halo cut’. Halo cut means that the perforated window decal will be cut to shape with a small blank border left around the perimeter of the graphic. Contour cut is the exact same thing but without the border.
While these custom cut options are technically available, they are not typically necessary. The vast majority of our customers who order perforated window decals simply fill their entire windows with the graphic and rely on the micropunctures for transparency, which is the main point of this product.
If one is still interested in a custom shape perforated window decal, one may select one of our shape options when placing the order.
Can one order a perforated window decal with rounded corners? What about other shapes?
– Absolutely! One can choose to design their perforated window decal with one quarter of an inch rounded corners or once inch rounded corners.
In addition to the custom shape options that are available on our website, one can also choose to have their perforated window decal cut to a simple shape such as oval, rectangle, circle, or square.
All of these options are available in our online design tool. Do not hesitate to contact us via email or call if you have any additional questions about the various cut options for our perforated window decals.
What are the minimum and maximum size for our perforated window decals?
– Our printers are large format printers that enable us to print billboards and signage that is even larger than that. While this enables us to print fairly large perforated window decals, it limits how small we can make them. Large printers attempting to print incredibly small perforated window decals usually results in poorly looking products.
We have listed the minimum and maximum sizes of our perforated window decals below. If one’s specifications fall outside of these given parameters, they should not hesitate to contact us directly and we will see if we can accommodate them in any way.
The minimum size for our perforated window decals is six by six inches.
The maximum size for our perforated window decals is fifty-three (in one dimension) by eleven thousand nine hundred and ninety eight inches (in the other). In other words, assuming at least one dimension of the perforated window decal is less than fifty-three inches, the options are virtually limitless.
Does including multiple colors in perforated window decals affect the price?
– All of our signage products, including our perforated window decals, are printed in full color. Therefore, whether one wishes to include one or a hundred colors in their design, the price will not be affected. We also offer free design services. One should keep this in mind when browsing for window decals, and always ask the sign company whether they print in full color or not.
Do our perforated window decals cause damage to windows?
– No. Assuming one follows our installation and removal instructions when applying our perforated window decals the window will not suffer any damage. We have provided full installation and removal instructions below.
What are the most common uses for perforated window decals?
– The two most common uses for our perforated window decals are exterior storefronts and internal offices. Our perforated window decals placed on exterior windows of storefronts are a great way to attract customers, obscure outside visibility for security reasons, and add a professional touch to any store.
Likewise, our perforated window decals which are placed on the interior windows in office settings can provide privacy while still allowing its resident/s to see outside. They can also be applied to conference and break rooms.
These examples are simply the most common uses for our perforated window decals, but owing to their one way visibility feature they are rising in popularity for wide variety of uses in business and other settings.
Do our perforated window decals impact the transparency of windows and storefronts?
– Yes. Our perforated window decals are manufactured with technology that allows one way visibility. This means that anyone inside the room or building will be able to see outside, while the ones on the outside will not be able to see anything through the decal.
If one requires two way visibility for their purposes, we recommend opting for our clear window decals instead, as they are fully transparent.
Can one install our perforated window decals on the inside of a storefront and have it visible to those outside?
– A number of other window signs, such as clear window decals, clear window clings, etc.; which we have in our catalogue offer this option but our perforated window decals do not. Due to the material and technique used for manufacturing perforated window decals, a ‘reverse print’ or ‘outside glass’ option is not available with this product. Our perforated window decals must be placed on the outside of the room or storefront where they are to be visible.
Can our perforated window decals be installed on any glass surface?
– The ideal surface for applying our perforated window decals to is a clean and smooth glass surface. However, our perforated window decals can be installed on any smooth, non-porous surface. Our perforated window decals can definitely not be installed on any rough (stucco, brick, etc.) or porous (window screen) surface.
If one intends to apply a perforated window decal anywhere other than glass surface, they should contact us directly and inquire further, and we will able to inform them whether that will work or not, as well as offer other products form our catalogue that may be better fitted for the purpose.
Installation and Care
Do perforated window decals come with a backing? How does one remove them?
– Similarly to our other decals which use adhesive technology, our perforated window decals have a backing that protects the adhesive side of the product. Once it has been removed, the perforated window decal will be ready to be installed.
However, before the backing is removed, one should make sure to read the installation instructions carefully and make sure they are prepared to install the decal correctly.
How does one install a perforated window decal?
– The first step to installing our perforated window decals is to clean the window with a non-abrasive rag or cloth. Strong cleaners are to be avoided as the purpose of the cleaning step is to provide the decal a fresh, clean, and dry surface to be applied to. It is often enough to simply use water to clean the surface area of the window. Once the surface has been sufficiently air dried, one may proceed to the next step.
This step involves carefully removing the backing of the decal. This ought to be done gently and slowly so that the backing comes of smoothly without damaging the decal.
The most difficult step, though it’s still not that difficult, is actually applying the decal to the window. Unlike some of our other window decals, water should not be used in the process. Instead, the decal can be ‘tacked’ or lightly pressed against the window in the corners. If one is installing a large decal, they may wish to employ additional help. Two people can tack the decal in two corners as we have described below. This will enable the decal to stay in place while it is slowly and firmly pressed to the window without air bubbles getting in. The easiest way to do this is to work in one direction – either top to bottom, or side to side.
When the corners of the decal have been tacked, the decal is to be gently peeled away from the window with a sharp edge utilized to firmly press the decal against the window. Installing our perforated window decals in a methodical fashion will enable quickly peeling it away before the adhesive sets in for the purpose of eliminating air pockets if needed.
In some cases, the edges of the decal may need to be trimmed. A small razor blade can be used for this step. One should be careful not to damage the window or the decal itself in the process.
Does installation of our perforated window decals require more than one person?
– In most cases, the installation of a perforated window decal does require more than one person. This is because of the large sizes most commonly requested for perforated window decals.
Having additional pairs of hands ensures that the decal does no stick to itself when the backing is removed, and makes the actual installation of the product much easier.
As an example, two people can tack the product in two corners and then have one person hold it away from the rest of the window while the other applies and removes air bubbles as they go. In our experience, this is a much easier and cleaner way to install a perforated window decal.
How are perforated window decals to be stored?
– Before the application, the perforated window decal can be rolled and stored at room temperature in a dry location. Nothing should be set on the decal while it is rolled, nor should it be folded, as both of these things can cause permanent crease marks in the product.
Owing to the adhesive technology used for manufacturing our perforated window decals, they are meant for semi-permanent use. This means that once the decal sets after the installation, removing and repositioning will not be possible.
Our perforated window decals are not meant to be reused once installed for the first time.
How does one clean our perforated window decals?
– Our perforated window decals can be cleaned on a regular basis by using a soft damp cloth or rag. The perforated window decal is to be simply wiped down so that any dirt or dust that may have accumulated is removed. Our perforated window decals are not to be scrubbed vigorously, but gently wiped. Additionally, power washers and strong cleaners should not be utilized as they can damage the product.
How are perforated window decals removed? Do they leave a mess or residue behind?
– Our perforated window decals are meant to peel right off a window. A flat surface that won’t damage the window can be used to help peel the decal away. Perforated window decals which have been in place for a long time may be a bit more difficult to remove. In this case, heating it up can facilitate the process. Any residual adhesive can be cleaned with a basic window cleaner and a cloth.
Once a perforated window decal has been installed on a window, can the window be cleaned?
– As we have explained above, power cleaners and vigorous scrubbing can damage the decal. Rather, cleaning the decal and the window should be performed gently with damp non-abrasive cloth.
The conventional form of marketing attracts half of your business’s attention even though digital marketing has taken the world of advertisement by storm. Nevertheless, you
Window Graphics-An Effective Way to Boost your Business Window graphics are a variety of hues and colors that make a window fascinating. Regardless of whether