What are opaque window decals?
– Our opaque window decals are adhesive signage solutions which one can install on any window, glass door, or other smooth surface. Our opaque window decals are semi-permanent, can be printed in almost any size, and do not require professional help for installation. Our opaque window decals can last for years both indoors and outdoors, provided they are given proper maintenance and care, while simultaneously remaining easy to remove when one wishes to replace them.
Our opaque window decals are a perfect signage solution for displaying store hours, advertising, displaying a logo or a brand, etc. on a glass surface. All our window signage products, including opaque window decals, can be cut to the exact outline of the quoted design one provides us with in their order by selecting ‘custom’ shape in check out options.
One may also choose between having a border between the outline of their quoted design by selecting ‘custom with border ‘ shape option in the check out. Whatever one chooses, our opaque window decals look attractive, clean, and professional.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR THE ESTIMATE | OPAQUE WINDOW DECALS PHOENIX ARIZONA | CUSTOMGRAPHIX.NET
Opaque Window Decal Features
– Inside or outside – Our opaque window decals can be installed both indoors or outdoors. They also come with the ‘inside glass’ option which allows them to be placed on the inside of a glass surface and be visible ‘the right side up’ from the outside.
– Easy to install – Our opaque window decals can be installed within minutes without requiring professional help for the process. We have provided installation guide below, as well as including one with each order we ship out, making sure our customers know exactly how to proceed.
– Full color custom print – We print our opaque window decals onto premium white adhesive vinyl material in full color using state of the art printing technologies and techniques. This results in vibrant, colorful designs that one can proudly display on any smooth, non-porous surface.
– Vibrant colors – We print our opaque window decals directly onto vinyl material using state of the art printers, and advanced white ink process, which ensures that our graphics sport the most vibrant and bold colors possible.
– Custom cut – Our opaque window decals can be cut in a diverse range of shapes including square, rectangle, rounded corners (a quarter of an inch radius, and an inch radius), circle, oval, custom, and custom with border. This allows our customers to fully customize the shape of their opaque window decal.
– Installation manual included – We include an installation manual with every order we send to our customers, ensuring that they can install our products easily and effectively.
– Resistant to water and weather – Our opaque window decals are manufactured with durable vinyl material and can withstand rain, sunlight, and other elements for approximately three years.
– Printed to last – We manufacture our opaque window decals with three millimeter vinyl material, and an ultraviolet ink that is resistant to water, weather, and fade, ensuring that our opaque window decals can withstand the harshest of conditions for a minimum of five years.
Opaque Window Decals / Additional Specifications
Weight – Zero-point-zero-nine inches per square foot of the material, about the weight of nine quarters.
Thickness – Three millimeters, or zero-point-zero-zero-three inches, about the thickness of a single sheet of copy paper.
Details – Our opaque window decals are crafted to be semi-permanent, out of white blank vinyl, they are extremely versatile, and provide bubble-free finish.
Uses – Indoors and outdoors. The most common uses for our opaque window decals are in retail, home, and office businesses.
Print method – Full color process, eco-friendly, printed with ultraviolet ink that is resistant to weather, fade, and abrasion.
Estimated lifespan – At least five years with proper care and maintenance.
Common sizes – Twelve by twelve inches, twenty four by twelve inches, two feet by two feet, four feet by four feet, three feet by five feet.
Simple Installation / No Professional Help Required
We have provided the installation instructions bellow to ensure our customers have a successful, timely installation of our opaque window decals. The installation of our opaque window decals is a simple process that requires no professional help. It is our recommendation that opaque window decals are installed in the environments which are dry with temperatures that are above forty degrees Fahrenheit.
– Prior to the installation of an opaque window decal, the designated surface is to be cleaned with a window cleaner or lightly soaped water, in order to remove all dust and dirt. If dirt and grime are not properly removed from the surface prior to the installation that may cause the appearance of small air bubbles in the opaque window decal and prevent it from adhering as it should. Once the surface has been properly cleaned, it should be either allowed adequate time to air dry, or wiped dry of excess water with a rubber squeegee.
– The opaque window decal is to then be laid out on the designated surface with the backing still on, and made sure it aligns as it should.
– While the opaque window decal is being held in place it is to adhere to, a dry erase or a washable marker are to be used to mark the designated location. The alignment should be checked to ensure the opaque window decal is exactly where it should go.
– The backing is then to be slowly removed by peeling it away from the opaque window decal starting at a corner. If this step proves challenging, a piece of scotch tape can be placed on the backing to create a ‘tab’ to be gripped on and peeled away from the decal. This step should be avoided in windy conditions in order to prevent the adhesive side of the opaque window decal from folding and sticking to itself.
– The opaque window decal is to be placed on the designated surface. The alignment marks mentioned above should be referred to in this step. The opaque window decal is to be held upright with two hands near the top, and only the top edge to be placed to the surface at first, before the rest of the decal is put in place by slowly guiding it down the surface with a hand, little by little. The opaque window decal should only be applied lightly. If one needs to reposition or adjust the opaque window decal, they are to carefully peel it away from the surface and reposition it, just as carefully and slowly, before the adhesive sets in.
– Once the opaque window decal has been placed exactly where it should be, a squeegee is to be used to remove any potential air bubbles and small pockets that may appear. The squeegee is to be used in this manner by starting at the center of the opaque window decal and moving it in a straight line to the right and left side of the decal, followed by moving it up and then down, towards the edges until its completely smoothed out without any pockets or bubbles. This step of the process is to be continued until the squeegee has been ran over the entire surface of an opaque window decal. Using a steady pressure in this step of the process is advisable. One may choose to place the back liner on top of the opaque window decal during this step of the process to avoid damaging the product. Once the opaque window decal has been fully squeegeed, it will not be repositionable.
*Squeegees are also available for purchase as an accessory to each order our customers place on our website, and can be selected during the checkout at a small additional cost.
*Note – If one is installing an ‘inside glass’ opaque window decal, they should use the wet installation method which employs a mixture of a few drops of dish soap to a gallon of water. This mixture is to be placed in a spray bottle and used to gently spray the adhesive side of the opaque window decal, as well as the designated surface. The decal is then to be placed onto the designated surface and moved around while it is still wet until it adheres to the exact position is should be in. Finally, a squeegee is to be used to remove any potential bubbles and excess water. It should be allowed to dry to be fully complete.
Opaque Window Decals Care
While we do recommend the usage of soapy water for facilitating the installation process of our opaque window decals, it should be noted that they are not to be exposed to water or excessive moisture for extended periods of time prior to the installation.
Once an opaque window decal has been installed, the surface it has been applied to may be washed, but power washers should be avoided. The opaque window decal and the surface it has been installed on are to be washed with smooth, damp, non-abrasive cloth.
If one needs to remove our opaque window decals, they should simply peel them away from the surface they had been installed on, and a straight edge or window cleaner should be used to remove any excess adhesive residue.
All Window Decals
In addition to the opaque window decals, we also offer opaque window decals, and perforated window decals. Additionally, we offer a ‘static cling’ which relies on static electricity to adhere to windows and other glassy surfaces.
One can find a more detailed explanation of the differences, advantages, and disadvantages among these decals on our ‘window signage options’ page.
Why Choose Us
– Next day production – If the order for your removable wall decal is placed by 9 PM, we guarantee to have it produced and shipped the very next day;
– Twenty five years of experience – Two and a half decades of experience, expertise, and production;
– A hundred percent satisfaction – We can guarantee that you will be satisfied with your removable wall decal. If you aren’t, we will make sure to make it right;
– Free design services – Make your design perfect for your needs.
What materials do we use to manufacture our opaque window decals?
– Our opaque window decals are manufactured with a polymeric calendared vinyl material with a gray-pigmented, pressure sensitive adhesive technology. Our opaque window decals are durable adhesive vinyl signage solutions designated for semi-permanent usage.
Are any parts of opaque window decal designs clear?
– No. Even if nothing is printed onto the blank vinyl material, the decal will be opaque. The default color of blank vinyl material we use for this production is white. Therefore, there is no way to utilize an opaque window decal in a location which requires transparency. If transparency is required, our clear and perforated window decals are the solution.
Do we offer other types of window decals?
– Absolutely! In addition to the opaque window decals, we also offer opaque window decals, and perforated window decals. Additionally, we offer a ‘static cling’ which relies on static electricity to adhere to windows and other glassy surfaces.
One can find a more detailed explanation of the differences, advantages, and disadvantages among these decals on our ‘window signage options’ page.
What is the difference between opaque window decals, window decals, and window stickers?
– All of these are commonly interchangeable terms which describe a semi-permanent vinyl signage product with an adhesive backing. Semi-permanent means one can peel them away easily for a short time after the initial application, but re-applying them again may prove difficult, if not impossible, once they have been installed for a long period of time.
Additionally, once they have been set in place on the surface they have been applied to, one will be unable to reposition them again. This applies to both perforated and opaque window decals. Our opaque window decals do not suffer this disadvantage owing to the proprietary adhesion technology use, and the lack of strong adhesive. Our opaque window decals can be removed, repositioned, and even reused again later if stored properly.
Window graphics are similar to window stickers, but these terms often require some clarification. If one prefers the term ‘window graphic’ to ‘window decal’ they just need to make sure to clarify whether they are looking for an adhesive based, or cling based window signage.
Our opaque window decals are adhesive signage solutions which one can install on any window, glass door, or other smooth surface. Our opaque window decals are semi-permanent, can be printed in almost any size, and do not require professional help for installation. Our opaque window decals can last for years both indoors and outdoors, provided they are given proper maintenance and care, while simultaneously remaining easy to remove when one wishes to replace them.
How thick are our opaque window decals?
– Our opaque window decals are razor thin. More precisely, they are four millimeters, or zero-point-zero-zero-four inches thick. In other words, they are thinner than a piece of common paper. This extremely thin signage solution provides aesthetically pleasing window signs that are simultaneously clear, durable, and easily repositionable.
What is the lifespan of our opaque window decals?
– With proper installation and care, our opaque window decals can last for three or more years in an interior setting. For exterior settings, depending on the amount of exposure to elements and other factors, the lifespan for our opaque window decals is, on average, three years.
The ideal circumstances for achieving the longest possible lifespan for an opaque window decal include inside installation and proper maintenance.
Using our opaque window decals in outdoors settings, resulting in constant exposure to elements, and / or poor installation and maintenance can decrease the lifespan of our opaque window decals.
However, even if that is the case, our opaque window decals are guaranteed to last for a minimum of one to three years.
Will the exposure to weather elements ruin our opaque window decals?
– Our opaque window decals are designed to be used in interior and exterior settings, which means they are resistant to weather and its elements. However, exposure to extreme weather for a long period of time will eventually degrade the product.
While an opaque window decal that has been installed on the inside will last longer than the one which has been installed outside, both are intended uses for our opaque window decals.
Can our opaque window decals be cut to shape, or into individual letters?
– Absolutely! We can cut our opaque window decals into any shape our customers require.
However, but selecting ‘custom with border’ shape option in our online design tool, it assumes a small border will remain around the edge of the cut, one can customize their opaque window decals to any shape and size. Additional shape options one can choose from for their opaque window decal include square, rectangle, rounded corners (a quarter of and inch radius, or an inch radius), circle, and oval.
If one is interested in individually cut letters for their storefront or home windows, they are most likely looking for our cut vinyl lettering which is a completely different product.
Can one order an opaque window decal with rounded corners, and other shapes?
– Absolutely! Our opaque window decals can be cut in a diverse range of shapes including square, rectangle, rounded corners (a quarter of an inch radius, and an inch radius), circle, oval, custom, and custom with border. This allows our customers to fully customize the shape of their opaque window decal. If one has any additional questions about the various shape options we provide for our opaque window decals, they should not hesitate to contact us directly and inquire further.
What are the minimum and maximum sizes for our opaque window decals?
– Our opaque window decals cannot be manufactured to be smaller than three inches by three inches, nor larger than fifty-two inches by sixteen hundred and eighty inches. As long as the dimensions are kept within these parameters, the options are virtually limitless.
Does incorporating multiple colors in an opaque window decals design affect the price?
– We print everything in full color. This means that regardless of the number of colors and shades incorporated in an opaque window decal design, the price will not change. The price of an opaque window decals is determined by their size and quantity.
We also offer bulk discounts that refer to orders of two or more signage products of the same design. One should account for other potential costs, such as shipping and taxes, when applied.
Will our opaque window decals ruin glass surfaces they are installed on?
– No, the installation and the removal of our opaque window decals will not hurt or damage any windows. The only way for a window to be damaged as a result of using our opaque window decals on it is if the glass is scratched by a metal squeegee during installation. For this reason, we offer a felt-tipped squeegee as an additional purchase with your opaque window decal, at a small additional cost.
What are the most common uses for opaque window decals?
– Our opaque window decals have a variety of uses. The most common one is marking storefronts of large and small businesses alike. Our opaque window decals are perfect solution for advertisement, sales, seasonal promotions during holidays, branding purposes, and even displaying business hours.
Our opaque window decals can also note warnings, regulations, mark compliance signs, building codes, surveillance notes, QR codes, and much more.
Our opaque window decals are also amazing for office settings which feature plenty of glass as part of internal offices, meeting and conference rooms, reception areas, etc.
Our opaque window decals can also be used in private residential settings for ‘no soliciting’, or ‘beware of dog’ type of signs.
Will our opaque window decals impact the transparency of the glass surface they are installed on?
– Due to the opacity of this particular type of decal, the transparency of the glass surface it is installed on will be affected. Even the blank material we use for manufacturing our opaque window decals comes in a solid white color, which means that it will obstruct visibility, light, and transparency of the surface it is applied to.
Therefore, for darker areas, as well as for those which must maintain transparency through the glass surface, our perforated window decals are a better fit. As we have mentioned above, one can read about these decals in more detail on our ‘window decals’ website page.
Alternatively, large opaque window decals can obscure visibility into rooms which require privacy while still effectively advertising or displaying necessary messages on the other side.
Can our opaque window decals be installed on the inner side of a window and be visible from the outside?
– Absolutely! For this feature, one should select ‘inside glass’ option during the checkout process. We will reverse print the design so that it can adhere to the inside of a window and be visible from the outside ‘the right side up’. This is also possible with our clear window decals.
Can our opaque window decals be used on any glass surface?
– Absolutely! Our opaque window decals are best used on glass surfaces and this is what they have been designed for. However, they are also perfectly suitable for the surfaces such as laminate, plastics, stainless steel, aluminum, electronics (tv screens, tablets, computer monitors, etc.). The surfaces our opaque window decals will not adhere to include any type of textured surfaces, drywall, etc.
Installation and Care
The instruction guide we have provided below is meant to help our customers with a quick and easy installation of our opaque window decals. We also include instruction manual in every order we send out, and our customers are free to refer back to this page, download a PDF with the guide, or view our instructional video for assistance. If one is installing a large opaque window decal, we do recommend employing help of at least one additional person for the application.
– Before one begins installing our opaque window decals, we recommend the following supplies are gathered to facilitate the process:
– Spray bottle;
– Paper towels;
– Application squeegee; (*available for purchase with every order at a small additional cost)
– Window squeegee.
– The glass or surface area intended to house the opaque window decals are to be cleaned thoroughly prior to the installation. Once the cleaning has been completed, a window squeegee is to be used to remove excess water. Alternatively, the surface can be simply left to air dry for a sufficient amount of time.
– A decal application solution is to be made by combining three drops of dish soap or laundry detergent with one gallon of water. The mixture is to be placed in a spray bottle.
– The opaque window decals is to be laid on a flat, smooth surface and the back-liner is to be removed at this stage of the process. The backing is a frosted, semi transparent material that may prove difficult to remove because of how thin it is. If one is having difficulties with this, they should try applying a small piece of tape to the corner of the backing and use it as help in peeling the backing away from the decal.
– As one is removing the backing, the application solution is to be applied generously to the back of the opaque window decals. Next, they are to spray a generous amount of the solution on the designated surface as well, making sure that both the adhesive side of the decal and the designated surface are now sufficiently wet. Our opaque window decals are not to be submerged in water in an attempt to sufficiently soak the adhesive side.
– One can now apply their opaque window decals to the designated surface. The application solution allows the graphic to slip and move once it has been applied to a surface. One may use this as an advantage to slide the opaque window decals into its final position.
– Once the opaque window decal has been positioned where it should be, the backing which has now been fully removed is to be placed over the graphics’ exterior and the application squeegee is to be used to remove any air bubbles or extra application solution from under the decal.
– This process is to be started at the center of the graphic, and pressed firmly outwards toward the edges. The process is to be continued until the squeegee has been ran over the entire surface of the graphic.
– Paper towels are to be used to clean the glass surface and remove excess water from the edges of the graphic. Our opaque window decals take several days to completely dry and adhere to the surface they have been applied to.
Does opaque window decals installation require more than one person?
– Generally speaking, installation of the opaque window decals can be done with one person for smaller decals. For larger opaque window decals, we recommend that at least two people install the decal. This will prevent the opaque window decal from sticking to itself (but if it does then you can still pull it apart) during the process and makes for a much easier squeegee process and overall application of the opaque window decal.
How does one store their opaque window decals?
– If you wish to take down and store your opaque window decals it is best done using the original backing to protect the applied side from collecting dust, debris or other particles which will deteriorate the ability to stick to a desired surface. If you need to store them for a period of time, not greater than one year, before actually installing them make sure to keep the backing on the opaque window decal and store them at room temperature in a non-humid setting.
How does one clean opaque window decals?
– Once installed your opaque window decal can be cleaned of dirt or dust buildup by wiping it with a wet rag or cloth. Regular and light cleaning will help keep the opaque window decal looking bright and clear.
How does one remove opaque window decals?
– Our opaque window decals can be removed by simply peeling it away from the window or surface where it is applied. Because of our opaque window decals proprietary adhesion technology you do not need to worry about any residual stickiness or cleanup that is associated with a typical window decal.
Can the window opaque window decals have been installed on be washed afterwards?
– Yes, washing your windows should not adversely impact your sign. The only exception to this is using any kind of power washer or spray gun directly on the decal. This can damage the decal and cause it to fall off the window. Likewise, using tools such as an industrial squeegee is also not very wise, as it can pull onto the installed opaque window decal or cause the edges of he product to come away from the surface it had been installed on. This can make the opaque window decal eventually peel away from the surface it had been installed to altogether, or simply cause it to have a ragged and very unprofessional appearance.
The conventional form of marketing attracts half of your business’s attention even though digital marketing has taken the world of advertisement by storm. Nevertheless, you
Window Graphics-An Effective Way to Boost your Business Window graphics are a variety of hues and colors that make a window fascinating. Regardless of whether