Opaque Vehicle Decals Product Specifications
What materials do we use to produce our opaque vehicle decals?
– Our opaque vehicle decals are printed onto an opaque sheet of three millimeter vinyl material via an ultraviolet ink. Our opaque vehicle decals are designed not to damage vehicle paint. Our opaque vehicle decals are a perfect signage solution that enables our customers to advertise their brand or business for years wherever they drive.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR THE ESTIMATE | OPAQUE VEHICLE DECALS PHOENIX ARIZONA | CUSTOMGRAPHIX.NET
Are our opaque vehicle decals transparent or allow visibility?
– No. Even if nothing is printed onto the material we use for manufacturing our opaque vehicle decals, it will be opaque. The blank color of the raw material is white. There is no way to use our opaque vehicle decals in places where transparency is required. If one requires transparency, they should refer to either our ‘clear vehicle decals’ or ‘perforated vehicle decals’ page.
Do we offer other types of vehicle decals?
– We offer two other types of vehicle decals – perforated vehicle decals, and clear vehicle decals. Perforated vehicle decals offer one way visibility and are the ideal signage solution for a vehicle graphic that should cover an entire window. Clear vehicle decals are completely transparent regardless of the quoted design that is printed onto them owing to the transparent nature of the vinyl material used in production. They are a perfect alternative for placements where visibility is a concern, such as the windows of a vehicle. One may find more detailed information on both of these types of vehicle decals by referring to their respective pages on our website.
What are the differences between vehicle decals, vehicle stickers, and vehicle graphics?
– Generally speaking, these terms are often mutually interchangeable. All of these vehicle signage products refer to graphics with strong adhesive technology that are designed to be used on vehicles and may be placed on a wide variety of them including cars, boats, tricks, tractors, etc.
It is important to note, however, that while most vehicle decals, including our perforated and opaque decals, come with an adhesive backing, our clear car decals do not utilize it. Instead, our clear car decals utilize proprietary adhesion mechanic that enables them to be easily removable and repositionable, while keeping them durable enough to be used on vehicles in most temperatures and environments.
Another thing to note is that all of our vehicle decals – clear, opaque, and perforated – are different products from what is known as ‘vinyl lettering’, This means that all our vehicle decals come in as one continuous piece of adhesive material with the decal design printed on it. Even clear car decal designs that feature words will have a single backing to them.
As we explain below, our clear car decals can be cut to shape, but we recommend against attempting to cut them into individual letters. If one is looking for vehicle decals that feature individual letters or design elements, they should refer to our vinyl lettering product page instead.
How thick are our opaque vehicle decals?
– The actual thickness of our opaque vehicle decals is seventy-five micrometers, or zero-point-zero-zero-two-ninety-five inches. In other words, they are as thick as a single sheet of printer paper. Our opaque vehicle decals are extremely thin, while also quite durable when installed on a vehicle surface.
What is the lifespan of our opaque car decals?
– With proper installation and care, our opaque car decals can last for five or more years in an interior setting. For exterior settings, depending on the amount of exposure to elements and other factors, the lifespan for our opaque car decals is, on average, three years.
Opaque Vehicle Decals Features
– Easy to install – Our opaque vehicle decals can be installed within minutes without requiring professional help for the process. We have provided installation guide below, as well as including one with each order we ship out, making sure our customers know exactly how to proceed.
– Resistant to water, weather, and ultraviolet waves – Our opaque vehicle decals are manufactured with durable vinyl material and can withstand rain, sunlight, and other elements for approximately three years.
– Use a single body decal or partial wrap – Our opaque vehicle decals are perfect for placing advertisement on the side, hood, truck or tailgate of any vehicle. One may also align and cut their decal when installing over seams to create a partial vehicle wrap.
– Custom cut – Our opaque vehicle decals can be cut in a diverse range of shapes including square, rectangle, rounded corners (a quarter of an inch radius, and an inch radius), circle, oval, custom, and custom with border. This allows our customers to fully customize the shape of their opaque vehicle decal.
- Will the exposure to weather elements ruin our opaque car decals?
– Our opaque car decals are designed to be used both on the inside and the outside of a vehicle, which means they are resistant to weather and its elements. However, exposure to extreme weather for a long period of time will eventually degrade the product.
While an opaque car decal that has been installed on the inside will last longer than the one which has been installed outside, both are intended uses for our opaque car decals.
Can our opaque car decals be cut to shape, or individual letters?
– Absolutely! We can cut our opaque car decals into any shape our customers require.
However, by selecting ‘custom with border’ shape option in our online design tool, it assumes a small border will remain around the edge of the cut, one can customize their opaque car decal to any shape and size. Additional shape options one can choose from for their opaque car decals include square, rectangle, rounded corners (a quarter of and inch radius, or an inch radius), circle, and oval.
However, if one is looking for graphics that are cut to individual shapes or design elements, they are most likely looking for our cut vinyl lettering which is a completely different product.
What are the minimum and the maximum sizes for our opaque car decals?
– Our customers have the ability to customize their opaque car decals to almost any size they wish. We do not have any industry-specific standard sizes for opaque car decals.
Nevertheless, there are still minimum and maximum dimensions available for our opaque car decals. Our opaque car decals cannot be smaller than three inches in either dimension and no larger than fifty-two in one dimension. As long as one of the dimensions is kept under fifty-two inches, the other can go as far as eleven hundred and seventy six, which is pretty large. While we are able to produce opaque car decals that are smaller than three by three inches, they do not adhere to surfaces very well, and this may also result in printing that is not very clear as it would be on a larger print surface. We also advise against using very tiny fonts or lettering in order to ensure that the opaque car decals is clearly printed and readable.
Does incorporating multiple colors in the opaque car decal design affect the price?
– We print everything in full color. This means that regardless of the number of colors and shades incorporated in an opaque car decal design, the price will not change. The price of a opaque car decal is determined by their size and quantity.
We also offer bulk discounts that refer to orders of two or more signage products of the same design. One should account for other potential costs, such as shipping and taxes, when applied.
Opaque Vehicle Decals Usage
Will our opaque car decals ruin windows or paint?
– No, the installation and the removal of our opaque car decals will not hurt or damage any surface they are installed on. The only way for a window or paint to be damaged as a result of using our opaque car decals on it is if the glass or paint are scratched by a metal squeegee during installation. For this reason, we offer a felt-tipped squeegee as an additional purchase with your opaque car decals, at a small additional cost.
However, if the body, window, or paint of the vehicle have been previously damanged, the opaque vehicle decals can cause further damage upon removal as the adhesive utilized on its back may pull away the paint or body fragments which had been weakened by the prior damage.
An opaque vehicle decal that has been installed for an extended period of time may cause the paint underneath to be less vibrant than the rest due to fading over time.
What are the most common uses for our opaque car decals?
– The most common uses for our opaque car decals are mobile business or product advertising. This is commonly used by business owners who visit customers rather than have customers visit them. These include tradesmen – such as plumbers, electricians, landscapers, contractors, etc. Also, catering companies, delivery services, proprietors of home businesses or individuals who work on their own, realtors, photographers, etc. Our opaque car decals can also be used for vehicle branding or regulatory purposes. Regardless of the type of business in question, our clear car decals are an extremely effective advertising solution.
- Can one place an opaque vehicle decal on the inside of a vehicle window and have it be visible from the outside?
– While reverse printing is possible with our opaque vehicle decals, due to the opaque nature of the material, we advise against it. Only very small inside glass opaque vehicle decals should be considered as not to obstruct the drivers view or hinder the visibility of the driver in any way. If one wishes to use the ‘inside glass’ option for our opaque vehicle decals they should mind to install it on a portion of the glass that is flat and not curved in any way. It is also important to note that ‘inside glass’ opaque vehicle decals will not be visible from the outside if the windows are tinted.
Can our opaque vehicle decals adhere to glass surfaces, such as the vehicle windows?
– Our opaque vehicle decals can be installed on either windows or body of a vehicle. Their ability to adhere to the designated surface can very depending on whether the surface is porous or not, and how smooth it is. Nonporous surfaces which are also smooth are the best choice for installing our opaque vehicle decals. Porous and rough surfaces do not allow the adhesive of our opaque vehicle decals to take hold as they allow air to pass underneath the decal. When the vehicle is in use the air current can be very powerful and cause the decal to peel away or fly off altogether.
Opaque Vehicle Decals Installation and Care
Do our opaque car decals come with a backing? How does one remove it?
– Absolutely! Our opaque car decals come with a frosted backing. The easiest way to remove it is to slightly bend the decal at the corner just like with a sticker. If this does not seem to work, a small piece of scotch tape can be used facilitate the process as demonstrated in the featured instruction video on our website.
Can one install our opaque vehicle decals on any part or surface of a vehicle?
– As we mentioned above, our opaque vehicle decals can be installed on either windows or body of a vehicle. Their ability to adhere to the designated surface can very depending on whether the surface is porous or not, and how smooth it is. Nonporous surfaces which are also smooth are the best choice for installing our opaque vehicle decals. Porous and rough surfaces do not allow the adhesive of our opaque vehicle decals to take hold as they allow air to pass underneath the decal. When the vehicle is in use the air current can be very powerful and cause the decal to peel away or fly off altogether.
How does one install our opaque vehicle decals?
– We have provided the following installation instructions to enable our customers a successful and timely install of our opaque car decals. The installation process for our opaque car decals is simple and requires no professional help. It is our recommendation that our opaque car decals are installed in environments where the temperature is above forty degrees Fahrenheit.
Our opaque car decals do not require professional assistance for installation. Although, when it comes to larger designs, some help may be necessary in order to prevent the material from prematurely sticking to the surface or itself.
The steps to installing opaque car decals have been presented below. We advise reading all the steps carefully before staring the application. The steps we have outlined below should be followed in order to ensure proper application.
– The surface which the opaque car decal is to be applied to should be cleaned with non-abrasive rag and a very mild cleaner mixture, or slightly soapy water.
– The surface should be left to fully air dry prior to the application.
– The area to which opaque car decal is to be applied to should be measured in advance.
– The area to which opaque car decal is to be applied to should be marked prior to installation.
– Without removing the backing of the opaque car decal, one should use masking or painter’s tape, or any other suitable tape, to affix the top edge of opaque car decal to the previously marked area.
– The backing of the opaque car decal should be carefully peeled away, stating from the top. Not all backing should be peeled away. Initially, only a thin horizontal stretch of the backing should be peeled.
– While holding the adhesive sides of opaque car decal away from the designated surface, a hand or another flat surface, such as credit card or squeegee, should be used to evenly and firmly press the adhesive backing of the opaque car decal to the surface. This should be done top to bottom, across the horizontal stretch which has been exposed in the previous step.
– The backing is to be peeled away little by little while the decal is evenly and firmly pressed, with transfer tape on top of it, onto the surface.
– The opaque car decal has now been installed on the designated surface.
– Any bubbles that remain are to be removed, as well as any non-permanent markings.
Does opaque car decal installation require more than one person?
– Generally speaking, installation of the opaque car decal can be done with one person for smaller decals. For larger opaque car decals, we recommend that at least two people install the decal. This will prevent the opaque car decal from sticking to itself (but if it does then you can still pull it apart) during the process and makes for a much easier squeegee process and overall application of the opaque car decal.
How does one store their opaque car decals?
– If you wish to take down and store your opaque car decal it is best done using the original backing to protect the applied side from collecting dust, debris or other particles which will deteriorate the ability to stick to a desired surface. If you need to store them for a period of time, not greater than one year, before actually installing them make sure to keep the backing on the opaque car decal and store them at room temperature in a non-humid setting.
How does one clean opaque car decal?
– Once installed your opaque car decal can be cleaned of dirt or dust buildup by wiping it with a wet rag or cloth. Regular and light cleaning will help keep the opaque car decal looking bright and opaque.
How does one remove opaque car decals?
– Our opaque car decals can be removed by simply peeling them away from the window or surface where they had been applied. They should leave minimum residue behind, but if any is left it can easily be cleaned with a soft rag and a cleaner solution that won’t damage the surface.
Opaque vehicle decals that have been installed for a long period of time may prove a little more difficult to remove. The process should be approached with caution as not to damage the paint or the glass. The vehicle may be left in the sun for awhile, or heat may be applied artificially to loosen up the glues. A sharp edge may be used to facilitate the process as well but one should be careful not to damage their vehicle in the process.
Can the car opaque car decals have been installed on be washed afterwards?
– Yes, washing your car should not adversely impact your sign. The only exception to this is using any kind power washers or spray gun for prolonged periods of time directly on the decal. This can damage the decal and cause it to fall off.
The conventional form of marketing attracts half of your business’s attention even though digital marketing has taken the world of advertisement by storm. Nevertheless, you
Window Graphics-An Effective Way to Boost your Business Window graphics are a variety of hues and colors that make a window fascinating. Regardless of whether