Custom Outdoor Wall Decals Product Specifications
What are custom outdoor wall decals made out of?
– We craft our custom outdoor wall decals out of a reflective, aluminum foil based material with an industrial-grade adhesive solution. The unique manufacturing process enables our custom outdoor wall decals to adhere to almost any surface, as well as conform to the shape of the given surface.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR THE ESTIMATE | CUSTOM OUTDOOR WALL DECALS PHOENIX ARIZONA | CUSTOMGRAPHIX.NET
Custom Outdoor Wall Decals Features
Highly adhesive – Owing to the highly adhesive technology we use in producing our custom outdoor wall decals, these decals are the most durable signage we can offer. Our permanent decals are able to last much longer than regular decals, and can withstand harsher conditions. If they are installed properly, they tend to last for more than five years.
Weatherproof – Our custom outdoor wall decals are carefully crafted to be able to withstand the toughest of conditions. They easily stand against extreme rain, large amounts of water, high humidity, high heat, sun exposure, dirt, and dust.
Custom shapes – Our custom outdoor wall decals can be designed, and cut to any shape required by our client. We offer standard rectangle shape, exact cutting of a custom design, or bordered.
Large sizes – Our custom outdoor wall decals come in a wider variety of sizes than our regular decals. These range between four inches times four inches, to fifty-two inches times four hundred inches.
Built to last on any surface – Owing to their highly adhesive properties, our custom outdoor wall decals can be applied to rougher surfaces as well, including – wood, cement, metal, brick, and more.
What is the difference between aluminum based foil material that is used in manufacturing custom outdoor wall decals and the standard vinyl material that is used in manufacturing other outdoor decals?
– Decals that are manufactured with vinyl-based material are the most common signage solutions that can be found on the market, but come with several disadvantages when compared to our custom outdoor wall decals which are crafted out of aluminum foil based material. The advantages of aluminum foil based material include – The ability to install custom outdoor wall decals without any heat or additional tools, far superior durability without the need for a protective laminate later, the ability to adhere to uneven and rough surfaces, as well as much simpler removal process on the given surfaces.
How thick are our custom outdoor wall decals? Will they protrude out of the surface they are installed on?
– Our custom outdoor wall decals are a razor-thin fifteen millimeters signage once they have been installed onto a surface, with industrial grade adhesive technology, and will remain installed until they are to be manually removed. Our custom outdoor wall decals are often described as seeming to be painted onto a surface, so one needs not worry about them protruding.
What is the difference between custom outdoor wall decals, outdoor wall graphics, and outdoor wall stickers?
– There are many other names for custom outdoor wall decals, including the ones mentioned above, as well as ‘outdoor wall wraps’. Regardless of the name one wishes to use for them, they are all the same product.
Are removable wall decals the same thing as custom outdoor wall decals?
– No. Custom outdoor wall decals, even when printed in custom shapes, are a different product than vinyl lettering or cut vinyl. Vinyl lettering can either be applied individually, or all at once using a mask or transfer paper, but each letter or symbol can be made to be individual pieces. Custom outdoor wall decals are produced as one single large graphic and we strongly advise against trying to cut out individual letters with this material. If vinyl lettering sounds like it would suit your needs and requirements more, we invite you to refer to our vinyl lettering page.
Do we coat our custom outdoor wall decals in laminate?
– Considering that we manufacture our custom outdoor wall decals with a heavy-duty aluminum foil based material, with an industrial grade adhesive technology, no additional laminate is necessary to seal and protect our custom outdoor wall decals. Our decals are made to be used and endure in harsh weather conditions, to be resistant to fading, and to last for more than five years with proper care and maintenance.
Do we cut our custom outdoor wall decals to any shape?
– We are able to produce custom outdoor wall decals in one of the five shapes listed below:
– Square or rectangle – The custom outdoor wall decal will be cut to a square or rectangular shape at the dimensions our customer specifies upon placing the order.
– Rounded corners – The custom outdoor wall decal will be cut to square or rectangle shape at the dimensions our customer specifies upon placing the order, which includes rounded corners at either a quarter of an inch, or an inch radius.
– Circle or oval – The custom outdoor wall decal will be cut to circle or oval shape at the dimensions our customer specifies upon placing the order.
– Custom – The custom outdoor wall decal will be cut to a custom shape to match the requested design. For best results, we advise against using sharp points or intricate patterns upon submitting the quoted design in order to maintain the structural integrity of the custom outdoor wall decal. For more detailed information, do not hesitate to contact us directly and inquire further.
– Custom with border – The custom outdoor wall decal will be cut to custom shape with a border of blank material left around the edges.
Does one have to use one of our templates for custom outdoor wall decals?
– While we offer numerous existing templates across a wide range of different categories, our customers are not required to use one of them. We have provided an online design tool which allows our customers to design their own custom outdoor wall decals from scratch, by using a blank template or by uploading a wide range of file types for pre-designed graphics. Additionally, we offer free design services in which we can design a graphic for you, or improve an existing design, completely free of charge.
What are the minimum and maximum sizes of custom outdoor wall decals?
– One can place an order for a custom outdoor wall decal as small as six by six inches, or as large as fifty-three inches (in one dimension) bu one hundred and forty feet (in the other). Larger custom outdoor wall decals (when both dimensions exceed fifty-three inches) can be paneled together to cover large surfaces.
Are there standard or recommended sizes for our custom outdoor wall decals?
– There are virtually no limits to the size of the overall custom outdoor wall decal design one can request to order, given that is within the aforementioned limits and considering the paneling option for larger designs. If one has a large project in mind, and need any help with crafting and choosing the right design for their needs, they should contact us directly and inquire further. We offer free design services, in which our design staff will assist in this endeavor free of charge. We also offer nation-wide installation services, if the idea of installing a custom outdoor wall decal yourself is something that concerns you. Do not hesitate to contact us.
– Will placing a request for a custom outdoor wall decal in multiple colors affect the price? Can we print our custom outdoor wall decals in full color?
– We craft all our custom outdoor wall decals in full color with an ultraviolet ink that is resistant to fade and abrasion. Therefore, whether one or multiple colors are needed, the price is the same.
If one needs a specific color for their custom outdoor wall decal, are we able to match?
– If one needs their custom outdoor wall decal to match a specific design, we can help. While we do include full color printing for all our custom outdoor wall decal products, if one needs to match a specific tone, we also offer color matching services. Do not hesitate to contact us directly and inquire further for more information.
Are our custom outdoor wall decals 3D? Do we offer 3D decals?
– No. Our custom outdoor wall decals do not have 3D properties or appearance. We do not have 3D wall decals in our offer as of yet, but we are looking into crafting and providing them in the future. If one is interested in 3D decals, they should contact us directly and place an order so they can be put on our waiting list and be notified when they become available.
What is the color of blank material we use in manufacturing custom outdoor wall decals?
– The blank material we use for crafting our custom outdoor wall decals is a reflective, glossy white tone that reflects roughly triple the amount of light it receives. If one selects ‘custom with border’ custom outdoor wall decal shape upon placing their order, they will receive their product with printed design and blank material border surrounding it.
Are our custom outdoor wall decals visible in dark, low-light, or nighttime settings?
– Our custom outdoor wall decals are easily visible at night, reflecting up to one hundred and thirty mcd, or roughly triple the brightness of the light they receive. It goes without saying, that some light needs to be present in the environment to allow them reflection and visibility.
Are our custom outdoor wall decals for interior or exterior use? Are they weather-resistant?
– Our custom outdoor wall decals are rugged which enables them to withstand inclement and harsh weather conditions for up to five years with proper care and maintenance. Additionally, our ultraviolet inks enable them to resist fading, scratching, and abrasion for just as long amount of time. Our custom outdoor wall decals are able to persist in temperatures ranging between minus forty degrees Fahrenheit and three hundred and two degrees Fahrenheit, assuming they are installed at milder temperatures.
Are materials used in the production of custom outdoor wall decals toxic?
– The industrial grade adhesive technology we use for printing our custom outdoor wall decals is water-based. We use no solvents. That being said, we would recommend against allowing pets, kids, or anyone else to eat or inhale any part of our custom outdoor wall decals. This is especially important to note in regards to smaller custom outdoor wall decals that are applied in a nursery or a children’s room.
Can our custom outdoor wall decals be used on uneven surfaces?
– Because we manufacture our custom outdoor wall decals with a malleable aluminum foil based substrate, they are highly adhesive to uneven surfaces such as brick and stucco. While our custom outdoor wall decals are more fitting to uneven surfaces than other signage products in our offer, it is still important to note that they should not be applied to overly cracked surfaces, or loose materials as doing so can lead to punctures or prevent proper adhesion.
How long do our custom outdoor wall decals last?
– With proper installation, care and maintenance, our custom outdoor wall decals can last up to five or more years. Once it has been installed adequately, it will withstand weather, abrasion, and scratching.
Do our custom outdoor wall decals leave any residue behind when removed? Can they ruin the surface they had been installed on?
– Once the custom outdoor wall decal is to be removed, it will come off clean without any special tools, leaving no residue on the surface. It is still important to note that installing our custom outdoor wall decals to painted or sealed surfaces should be approached with caution, as some paints can be damaged upon removal, and in these cases some residue may be left behind.
What surfaces are most compatible with our custom outdoor wall decals?
– Our custom outdoor wall decals will easily adhere to cinder-block, terrazzo, metal, vinyl, concrete, asphalt, brick, stucco, tile, and glass. They can also be utilized in swimming pool floors and fountain floors, as long as the surface has been properly dried prior to the installation and allowed to set for at least twenty-four hours prior to refilling the body with water.
While our custom outdoor wall decals have no issues adhering to glass, for that specific purpose, we recommend one of our many custom window, and vehicle decals which are much better suited for this use. Glass and polished masonry surfaces , such as polished marble, can cause our custom outdoor wall decals to leave some residue upon removal, and for such purposes we have other, better suited products in our offer.
What surfaces, if any, are not suitable for custom outdoor wall decals?
– The surfaces that are to be avoided with installing our custom outdoor wall decals are painted or sealed ones. Installing a custom outdoor wall decal onto a painted surface may cause damage to the surface paint when the custom outdoor wall decal is removed, even if the paint has been fully cured prior to the application.
Sealed surfaces are to be avoided as the combination of the seal and the strong adhesive technology used in manufacturing custom outdoor wall decals can make the removal extremely difficult.
Are our custom outdoor wall decals reusable?
– No. Our custom outdoor wall decals are not reusable as they adhere strongly to the surface they are first installed on. It is critical to avoid any crinkling or bending the custom outdoor wall decal before or during the application. For best results, please refer to our installation manual we have provided below.
What are the most common uses for custom outdoor wall decals?
– Our custom outdoor wall decals have a wide range of uses including directional signage for factories, warehouses, parking garages; branding brick and mortar business locations, public transit spots and platforms, university campuses, and other public spaces. They are also commonly used in home or personal applications in a wide variety of decorative ways on exterior walls.
Can custom outdoor wall decals be written on with dry-erase markers, or other tools?
– No Our custom outdoor wall decals are not designed and produced to be written on. Trying to write on our custom outdoor wall decals will cause either permanent stains, or residual stains upon cleaning them off. There are, however, products similar to custom outdoor wall decals that allow one to write on them. Those who are interested in these, may contact us directly for more details.
Installation and Care
Does custom outdoor wall decals installation require any special tools or additional help?
– Generally speaking, our custom outdoor wall decals are extremely easy and simple to install and this can be done without any special tool. However, a rubber hand roller, also known as ‘J-roller’ can assist in assuring the decal is installed evenly onto the designated surface. We offer these rollers as an additional accessory upon purchase, and it can be selected in the options section of our design tool.
Smaller custom outdoor wall decals can be easily installed by a single person, however we do recommend employing the help of additional hands for installing larger graphics as they will need to be applied precisely and correctly right away.
For extremely large custom outdoor wall decals that require paneling, do not hesitate to contact us and inquire about professional installation services.
Can permanent decals be used outside?
– Absolutely! Custom outdoor wall decals have been designed and produce with this purpose in mind. They can withstand harsh weather elements for long periods of time.
Do our custom outdoor wall decals require heat, or a heat gun to be installed?
– As we have explained above, no special tools beside an optional hand roller need to be used when installing our custom outdoor wall decals. This includes heat guns which are often necessary when installing vinyl-based outdoor decals. One of the major advantages of our custom outdoor wall decals is the peel-and-stick technology coupled with admirable durability.
How does one install a custom outdoor wall decal?
– Proper installation of our custom outdoor wall decals requires a brief preparation of the surface prior to the installation. The surface should be kept above freezing at the time of installation. For best results, our custom outdoor wall decals should be applied when the surface temperature is above fifty degrees Fahrenheit.
– The surface should be cleaned and made sure it is free of dirt and debris for the proper adhesion. The primary goal is to remove any dirt or grime that may get in the way of proper adhesion. A hose or a power washer is normally sufficient;
– Our custom outdoor wall decals are not to be applied to foreign or loose substances, as well as on cracks and crevices that may get in the way of proper adhesion;
– A mixture of fifty-fifty, or seventy-thirty percent isopropyl alcohol, IPA, and water can be used to clean the surfaces prior to the installation. Once the solution has been applied, the surface is to be sprayed with a hose and allowed to air dry. This step, however, is rarely needed.
Applying the custom outdoor wall decal:
– Once the designated surface has been cleaned and completely dried, the brown paper back liner is to be removed from the custom outdoor wall decal. It is important to note that our custom outdoor wall decals are not repositionable, so it is essential that they are laid precisely where they are wanted on the designated area. Crinkling or bending of the product is to be highly avoided;
– The custom outdoor wall decal should then be laid on the designated surface, ensuring the material conforms to the surface to maximize adhesion. For uneven surfaces, it is best to apply the custom outdoor wall decal little by little at a time and ensure that it adheres as it should, because it is not stretchy by nature;
– To make the installation even easier, a hand roller, optional accessory purchase available on our website, can be used to apply even pressure across the product and ensure that it sticks properly;
– The adhesion is instant and permanent once the custom outdoor wall decal has been completely pressed. The adhesive solution takes about twenty-four hours to completely set.
Note – We do not recommend applying our custom outdoor wall decals to painted or sealed surfaces. Surfaces that are loose or have cracks, or crevices should also be avoided as these can get in the way of proper adhesion, and can damage the product.
What is the average lifespan of custom outdoor wall decals?
– Five years or more, with proper installation and care.
How does one remove our custom outdoor wall decals? Do they leave behind any residue or sticky substances? Does one need special tools for removal?
– Removing our custom outdoor wall decals is extremely simple. One needs only peel it away from the surface it had been installed on, starting from one corner of the decal, and continuing until the entire product has been separated from the surface. The custom outdoor wall decal will be removed in one piece without any residue.
Most often, no residue or adhesive material will be left behind when the custom outdoor wall decal is removed from the surface. If there is some left behind, however, most standard mild adhesive cleaners will do the job in removing it.
Can water ruin custom outdoor wall decals?
– No. Assuming that the custom outdoor wall decal has been installed properly, water will not damage it. Once the custom outdoor wall decal has been installed, it should be given twenty-four hours to fully adhere to the surface. After that, no need to worry about water damaging it.
How does one adequately discard a custom outdoor wall decal?
– Our custom outdoor wall decals are one hundred percent recyclable, as they are manufactured out of a PVC-free aluminum foil material. One may simply deposit them in the nearest recycling receptacle.
How does one wash and clean our custom outdoor wall decals?
– To clean our custom outdoor wall decals, one should avoid using powerful pressure washers or abrasive cloths. A soft wash cloth and warm water will suffice in keeping our custom outdoor wall decals clean and visible.
Our custom outdoor wall decals can also be lightly sprayed with a garden hose or a low pressure power washer from a distance greater than thirty-six inches. If one opts for using a low power pressure washes, they should avoid spraying the custom outdoor wall decal directly at the edges even if they keep the recommended distance.
Can our custom outdoor wall decals be stored before installation?
– Prior to the application, our custom outdoor wall decals can be stored as long as they are kept in a cool, dry place and as long as they are not heavily stacked, as doing so may cause wrinkling and could get in the way of proper adhesion at a later time.
The conventional form of marketing attracts half of your business’s attention even though digital marketing has taken the world of advertisement by storm. Nevertheless, you
Window Graphics-An Effective Way to Boost your Business Window graphics are a variety of hues and colors that make a window fascinating. Regardless of whether