Custom Car Magnets Product Specifications
Does one have to use one of our templates for custom car magnets?
– While we offer numerous existing templates across a wide range of different categories, our customers are not required to use one of them. We have provided an online design tool which allows our customers to design their own custom car magnets from scratch, by using a blank template or by uploading a wide range of file types for pre-designed graphics. Additionally, we offer free design services in which we can design a graphic for you, or improve an existing design, completely free of charge.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR THE ESTIMATE | CUSTOM CAR MAGNETS PHOENIX ARIZONA | CUSTOMGRAPHIX.NET
Can our opaque custom car magnets be cut to shape, or individual letters?
– Absolutely! We can cut our custom car magnets into any shape our customers require.
However, by selecting ‘custom with border’ shape option in our online design tool, it assumes a small border will remain around the edge of the cut, one can customize their custom car magnet to any shape and size. Additional shape options one can choose from for their custom car magnets include square, rectangle, rounded corners (a quarter of and inch radius, or an inch radius), circle, and oval.
However, if one is looking for graphics that are cut to individual shapes or design elements, they are most likely looking for our cut vinyl lettering which is a completely different product.
Is there a laminate covering over custom car magnets?
– No. We print our custom car magnet designs directly onto the vinyl material. No laminate covering is required. We also use ultraviolet ink that is resistant to scratch, abrasion, and fade. This means that, even without the laminate covering, our custom car magnets will not scratch or smudge as long as the graphics are cared for properly.
Are finished custom car magnets matte or glossy finish? Are they reflective?
– Our custom car magnets have a slight matte finish to them so they are not shiny. Moreover, the printed area of the custom car magnets will be a smooth, satin, vibrant finish. They are not reflective and, unfortunately, we do not offer custom car magnets at the time.
Do our custom car magnets come with a warranty?
– While our custom car magnets do not come with an official warranty per se, all our signage products are backed by our one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, the lifespan of our custom car magnets is between three and five years with proper care and maintenance.
Do our custom car magnets fade over time, especially if they are used in harsh weather and climates?
– Our custom car magnets are prone to scratching. These scratches can be permanent and can negatively affect the aesthetic appearance of the magnet.
To prevent this, one should avoid applying excessive pressure to their custom car magnet with fingernails, installations squeegees, or any other hard or sharp surface, especially during the installation process. If one has chosen the printed custom car magnet, the four color ultraviolet ink print process we utilize to onto colors onto the magnet will prevent the colors from fading or being rubbed off over time. Our custom car magnets are rugged which enables them to withstand inclement and harsh weather conditions for up to five years with proper care and maintenance. Additionally, our ultraviolet inks enable them to resist fading, and abrasion for just as long amount of time. Our custom car magnets are able to persist in temperatures ranging between minus forty degrees Fahrenheit and three hundred and two degrees Fahrenheit, assuming they are installed at milder temperatures.
What are the minimum and maximum sizes for our custom car magnets?
– While most of the custom car magnets we produce, depending on the model and the make, fall somewhere between ten and twelve inches in width, and twenty and twenty-four inches in length for cars; and eighteen by twenty four inches and larger for bigger delivery and work vehicles, we have the capacity to produce custom car magnets as large as thirty-eight inches by two hundred and forty inches.
Custom Car Magnets Usage
Will our custom car magnets damage the vehicle surface or paint they are installed on?
– No, the installation and the removal of our custom car magnets will not hurt or damage the paint of the surface they are installed on, or the surface itself. The only way for a vehicle surface or paint to be damaged as a result of using our custom car magnets on it is if the glass is scratched by a metal squeegee during installation. For this reason, we offer a felt-tipped squeegee as an additional purchase with your custom car magnets, at a small additional cost. It is also important to note that we recommend frequent removal and cleaning of both the vehicle surface and the custom car magnet itself in order to avoid tiny rock particles from getting between the magnet and the surface of the vehicle as that can also damage them both.
Do our custom car magnets work on aluminum surfaces?
– No. Aluminum is not magnetic which means that if a vehicle door, bumper, or other parts of the vehicle are made of this material, our custom car magnets will not adhere well to them. One should make sure that the designated vehicle surface they wish to install one of our custom car magnets on is magnetic, also known as ‘ferrous metal’, before ordering one of our custom car magnets.
What is the optimal temperature range for our custom car magnets?
– Our custom car magnets are best used on surfaces whose temperature ranges between minus fifteen degrees Fahrenheit and one hundred and sixty degrees Fahrenheit. If the surface temperature is too cold it can cause our custom car magnets to become brittle and not adhere properly. Surface temperatures that are too hot can cause our custom car magnets to bake into the surface of the vehicle which can cause damage to the paint.
Can our custom car magnets be used on all types of vehicles?
– In theory, yes. However, it is our recommendation that one checks the designated vehicle surface for magnetic properties before intending to use one of our custom car magnets on it. Sometimes, the custom car magnet won’t stick because the surface is not magnetic as it is made out of plastic, or carbon fiber material.
Are our custom car magnets water and weather-proof? Can they withstand car washes?
– Our custom car magnets have been designed and produced to be used in any climate and generally have a lifespan of three to five years with proper installation, care, and maintenance. There are also two factors that can affect this lifespan.
The first is that our custom car magnets should be removed during extreme weather, such as torrential downpours, high winds, etc. These can pull the custom car magnet from the vehicle and even potentially damage the magnetic properties of the product. As we have mentioned above, cut to shape custom car magnets are typically less durable when installed on a vehicle.
The other is car and power washers. They can affect the custom car magnets in the same way harsh weather does, and in the same manner, so we also advise that one removes their custom car magnet from their vehicle before putting the vehicle through a car wash.
Can custom car magnets be peeled off and reused, even after storage? Do they tear?
– Peeling away our custom car magnets is extremely easy and, as they utilize magnetic properties to adhere to the surface of the vehicle, unlike our other vehicle signage products, they do not leave behind any residual adhesive like a sticker would. Nevertheless, the magnetic properties will wear with time and frequent repositioning. The maintenance and care of the custom car magnets will greatly impact the number of times it can be removed and reused.
If one wishes to reuse their custom car magnet even after storage, we recommend cleaning it before storing it flat, in a container, in a cool, dry place with a piece of non-abrasive fabric on each side. Storing our vehicle magnets by following these exact instructions will prevent any damage to the product, including both the printed side and the magnetic property itself, keeping the vehicle magnet in excellent condition for future use.
What if one needs a more permanent vehicle signage solution?
– For a more permanent vehicle signage solution, one should refer to our vehicle decals which utilize an adhesive technology instead of magnetic properties. They are almost as easy to remove if necessary but only once, and cannot be reusable like our custom car magnets.
Can our custom car magnets be used on surfaces that are not part of vehicles?
– Absolutely! Any metallic surface with magnetic properties in either home or business environment will work perfectly with our custom car magnets. These include refrigerators, tool storage units, kitchen areas, machinery, doors, etc. The surfaces that do not work with our custom car magnets are fiberglass, acrylic,and other non-magnetic non-metallic surfaces.
What parts of the vehicle should one avoid installing our custom car magnets to?
– Other than the non-magnetic surfaces, which we have already explained do not work with our custom car magnets anyway, one should not attempt to install our custom car magnets to rusted or already damaged areas of a vehicle – chipped, or peeled paint. Attempting to install a custom car magnet on one of such surfaces can reduce the magnetic property of the product, erode the surface even further, or both.
Additionally, our custom car magnets should only be allied to flat, smooth surfaces, while major creases, trim, or other non-flat surfaces, edges, curves, and rounded sections are to be avoided. Installing our custom car magnets on such a surface can allow air to pass between the magnet and the surface which can cause it to fly off while the vehicle is in motion.
Can one install our custom car magnets on a bumper?
– Most modern vehicle bumpers are not made of metal, so attempting to install a custom car magnet there probably wouldn’t work. For that purpose, we recommend one refers to our opaque vehicle decals instead. If, however, one does have a metal bumper with magnetic properties, which is also flat enough, our custom car magnets could work perfectly well.
Can one purchase custom car magnets in bulk?
– Absolutely! One can order a bulk of custom car magnets through the normal ordering process on our website. They are simply to order a custom car magnet with no design, and add a note to let our team now that the custom car magnet ordered is intentionally blank.
Are our custom car magnets an effective advertising tool?
– While we cannot guarantee that using our custom car magnets will directly and proportionally add onto success of any business, studies have shown that vehicle signage products, including custom car magnets, are an effective advertising option for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Custom Car Magnets Installation and Care
Before installing our custom car magnets, is there anything one ought to do?
– Yes. Upon receiving the product, the vehicle magnet is to be placed on a flat magnetic surface for twenty-four hours in order to restore magnetic memory. All our vehicle magnets are shopped out rolled up in order to prevent damage during shipment. Placing them on a magnetic surface will ensure the vehicle magnet is flattened out enough for the installation process, while resetting its magnetic memory. Failing to perform this step of the process will result in poor adherence to the designated vehicle surface during the application process and subsequent use.
Furthermore, it is our recommendation that the designated vehicle surface the vehicle magnet is to be installed on is thoroughly cleaned before the application, and that the back of the product itself is wiped down with a damp cloth (a mild mixture of detergent and water may also be utilized here) prior to the installation. By cleaning both the designated vehicle surface and the vehicle magnet itself, and allowing them to air dry, one prevents any dirt or tiny rocks from scratching the vehicle’s paint, and enables a solid connection between the vehicle magnet and the vehicle surface.
What should one do with custom car magnets when they come rolled up?
– Our custom car magnets are to be laid flat in a warm, dry place for at least twenty-four hours before the installation. This helps re-calibrate the magnetic memory and ensure the strongest magnetic adherence possible.
How does one store our custom car magnets?
– Once the custom car magnet has been removed, we recommend cleaning it before storing it flat, in a container, in a cool, dry place with a piece of non-abrasive fabric on each side. Storing our custom car magnets by following these exact instructions will prevent any damage to the product, including both the printed side and the magnetic property itself, keeping the vehicle magnet in excellent condition for future use.
The conventional form of marketing attracts half of your business’s attention even though digital marketing has taken the world of advertisement by storm. Nevertheless, you
Window Graphics-An Effective Way to Boost your Business Window graphics are a variety of hues and colors that make a window fascinating. Regardless of whether