What materials do we use for manufacturing our clear window graphics?
– Our clear window graphics are crafted out of a four millimeter optically clear vinyl with a proprietary adhesion technology. Our clear window graphics are designed for both interior and exterior use. The vinyl material we use in manufacturing sports a frosted backer which can be peeled away before the installation of the decal.
Once the clear window graphic has been installed, the material is optically clear. Our clear window graphics are durable signage solutions that can be used in almost any temperature. They are extremely easy to install, reposition, and leave no adhesive residue behind upon removal.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR THE ESTIMATE | CLEAR WINDOW GRAPHICS PHOENIX ARIZONA | CUSTOMGRAPHIX.NET
What are clear window graphics?
– Our clear window graphics are signage products that contain images or graphics which are printed directly onto a sheet of transparent four millimeter vinyl material. Our clear window graphics are transparent outside of the surface area of the design itself, allowing for the display of logos or messages on windows, glass doors, or storefronts without complete obstruction of the view.
Our clear window graphics are crafted for both indoor and outdoor use. The ideal surface for our clear window decals is glass, but they may also be used on electronics’ surfaces. The most common uses for our clear window graphics are business and storefront advertising, retail, displaying store hours, window décor, product promotion, window signage, and office branding.
How does one know which areas of a clear window graphic will be clear?
– The area of a clear window graphic that will be clear upon production is indicated by the white and gray checkered area in our design tool. If one wants certain ares of their clear window graphic to be clear, they must include this background in their design order.
When one selects ‘ clear window graphics’ in our online design tool, the background automatically switches to the gray and white checkered background to indicate that one is designing on a clear background.
If one uploads a picture file with their own design that has a white background, we will print that part of the background as white. If one needs that area to be clear instead, we require that they upload a .png with transparency. If on needs additional help, they may refer to our free design services and our designer staff will assist them.
Advanced White Ink Print Method
In manufacturing our clear window graphics we use a two step process. These involve printing a layer of white ink onto a blank sheet of transparent vinyl, and following it up by a layer of colored ink. The white ink layer is used as a color primer and is only printed onto the area of the graphics where the design will be printed onto as well. It adds contrast and vibrancy to the design while retaining the overall transparency of the graphics.
It is important to note that our clear window graphics are only transparent in the areas which do not include the quoted design. With this in mind, we recommend our customers use files which contain a transparent background when placing their order. If one needs help with choosing or making their clear window graphics design, they should refer to our free design services.
Do we offer other types of window decals?
– Absolutely! In addition to the clear window graphics, we also offer opaque window decals, and perforated window decals. Additionally, we offer a ‘static cling’ which relies on static electricity to adhere to windows and other glassy surfaces.
One can find a more detailed explanation of the differences, advantages, and disadvantages among these decals on our ‘window signage options’ page.
What is the difference between clear window graphics, window decals, and window stickers?
– All of these are commonly interchangeable terms which describe a semi-permanent vinyl signage product with an adhesive backing. Semi-permanent means one can peel them away easily for a short time after the initial application, but re-applying them again may prove difficult, if not impossible, once they have been installed for a long period of time.
Additionally, once they have been set in place on the surface they have been applied to, one will be unable to reposition them again. This applies to both perforated and opaque window decals. Our clear window graphics do not suffer this disadvantage owing to the proprietary adhesion technology use, and the lack of strong adhesive. Our clear window graphics can be removed, repositioned, and even reused again later if stored properly.
Window graphics are similar to window stickers, but these terms often require some clarification. If one prefers the term ‘window graphic’ to ‘window decal’ they just need to make sure to clarify whether they are looking for an adhesive based, or cling based window signage.
What is the difference between clear window graphics and vinyl lettering?
– Our clear window graphics can seem very similar to vinyl lettering, depending on the design, once they have been installed. However, they are different products.
Vinyl lettering refers to signage products which are cut to shape out of a solid, pre-colored sheet of vinyl instead of printed onto a blank material.
Our clear window graphics are signage products which are printed directly onto a sheet of transparent vinyl material, allowing for a wide choice of colors, tones, etc.
How thick are our clear window graphics?
– Our clear window graphics are razor thin. More precisely, they are four millimeters, or zero-point-zero-zero-four inches thick. In other words, they are thinner than a piece of common paper. This extremely thin signage solution provides aesthetically pleasing window signs that are simultaneously clear, durable, and easily repositionable.
What is the lifespan of our clear window graphics?
– With proper installation and care, our clear window graphics can last for three or more years in an interior setting. For exterior settings, depending on the amount of exposure to elements and other factors, the lifespan for our clear window graphics is, on average, three years.
Will the exposure to weather elements ruin our clear window graphics?
– Our clear window graphics are designed to be used in interior and exterior settings, which means they are resistant to weather and its elements. However, exposure to extreme weather for a long period of time will eventually degrade the product.
While a clear window graphic that has been installed on the inside will last longer than the one which has been installed outside, both are intended uses for our clear window graphics.
Clear Window Graphics Features
Vibrant colors – We print our clear window graphics directly onto a sheet of transparent vinyl material using state of the art printers, and advanced white ink process, which ensures that our graphics sport the most vibrant and bold colors possible.
Installation manual included – We include an installation manual with every order we send to our customers, ensuring that they can install our products easily and effectively.
Indoor and outdoor use – Our clear window graphics are crafted to be placed either inside or outside. The most common use for our clear window graphics, however, is the display of information on storefront windows.
Transparent background – The transparent background of our clear window graphics allows for the display of any design on the designated surface without completely blocking the visibility through a window or a glass door.
Resistant to water and weather – Our clear window graphics are manufactured with durable vinyl material and can withstand rain, sunlight, and other elements for approximately three years.
Clear Window Graphics Customization
Size – One may choose from a wide range of custom sizes given for our clear window graphics, the minimum one being three by three inches, and the maximum one being fifty-two inches by ‘anything’ in the other direction.
Shape – For our clear window graphics, we offer a selection of simple shapes (rectangle, square, oval…_), as well as ‘custom with border’ option, in which the decal will be cut to the custom shape of the design quoted in the order with a border of blank material left around the edges.
Print surface – Our clear window graphics are made to be installed on either the inside or the outside of any window.
Clear Window Graphics Additional Specifications
Weight – Zero-point-zero-nine pounds per square foot, about the weight of nine quarters.
Thickness – Zero-point-one millimeters, about the thickness of a single sheet of copy paper.
Qualities – Repositionable, low-tack adhesive, transparent vinyl material that is easy to install without any bubbling when applied wet. Can be install indoors or outdoors on any smooth, non-porous surface including glass, plastic, stainless steel, laminate, etc.
Uses – Indoors or outdoors. Retail, home, storefront, or office windows.
Estimated lifespan – Three years or more with proper care.
Can our clear window graphics be cut to shape, or into individual letters?
– Absolutely! We can cut our clear window graphics into any shape our customers require. We normally don’t recommend cutting a clear window graphic to any shape whatsoever because the clear part of the decal is clear enough to render cutting to shape redundant.
However, but selecting ‘custom with border’ shape option in our online design tool, it assumes a small border will remain around the edge of the cut, one can customize their clear window graphic to any shape and size. Additional shape options one can choose from for their clear window graphic include square, rectangle, rounded corners (a quarter of and inch radius, or an inch radius), circle, and oval.
If one is interested in individually cut letters for their storefront or home windows, they are most likely looking for our cut vinyl lettering which is a completely different product.
What are the minimum and maximum sizes for our clear window graphics?
– Because of the size of printers we utilise, the smallest clear window graphic we are able to produce is three inches by three inches. On the other end of the scale, we are not able to manufacture a clear window graphic that has more than fifty-two inches in both dimensions. As long as one of the dimensions of a clear window graphic remains under fifty-two inches, the options are virtually limitless.
If one needs a clear window graphic that is larger than fifty-two inches in both dimensions, they may need to divide their graphic design into two or more pieces and install them separately.
Does incorporating multiple colors in a clear window graphic design affect the price?
– We print everything in full color. This means that regardless of the number of colors and shades incorporated in a clear window graphic design, the price will not change. The price of a clear window graphic is determined by their size and quantity.
We also offer bulk discounts that refer to orders of two or more signage products of the same design. One should account for other potential costs, such as shipping and taxes, when applied.
Will our clear window graphics ruin windows?
– No, the installation and the removal of our clear window graphics will not hurt or damage any windows. The only way for a window to be damaged as a result of using our clear window graphics on it is if the glass is scratched by a metal squeegee during installation. For this reason, we offer a felt-tipped squeegee as an additional purchase with your clear window graphic, at a small additional cost.
What are the most common uses for clear window graphics?
– Our clear window graphics have a variety of uses. The most common one is marking storefronts of large and small businesses alike. Our clear window graphics are perfect solution for advertisement, sales, seasonal promotions during holidays, branding purposes, and even displaying business hours.
Our clear window graphics can also note warnings, regulations, mark compliance signs, building codes, surveillance notes, QR codes, and much more.
Our clear window graphics are also amazing for office settings which feature plenty of glass as part of internal offices, meeting and conference rooms, reception areas, etc.
Our clear window graphics can also be used in private residential settings for ‘no soliciting’, or ‘beware of dog’ type of signs.
Do our clear window graphics impact the transparency of the window they are installed on?
– Our clear window graphics are clear everywhere they have not been printed on. Therefore, if the surface area of one’s decal is completely covered with a design, they will not see any clear portions of the decal. However, even a fully printed decal will allow some sunlight through. It will obscure the vision but it is not fully opaque even when fully printed. If one is interested in a one way visibility for their window signage they may refer to our perforated window decals page.
Can our clear window graphics be installed on the inner side of a window and be visible from the outside?
– Absolutely! For this feature, one should select ‘inside glass’ option during the checkout process. We will reverse print the design so that it can adhere to the inside of a window and be visible from the outside ‘the right side up’. This is also possible with our clear window clings.
Can our clear window graphics be used on any glass surface?
– Absolutely! Our clear window graphics are best used on glass surfaces and this is what they have been designed for. However, they are also perfectly suitable for the surfaces such as laminate, plastics, stainless steel, aluminum, electronics (tv screens, tablets, computer monitors, etc.). The surfaces our clear window graphics will not adhere to include any type of textured surfaces, drywall, etc.
Installation and Care
Our clear window graphics are easy to Install and require no additional help
The instruction guide we have provided below is meant to help our customers with a quick and easy installation of our clear window graphics. We also include instruction manual in every order we send out, and our customers are free to refer back to this page, download a PDF with the guide, or view our instructional video for assistance. If one is installing a large clear window graphic, we do recommend employing help of at least one additional person for the application.
– Before one begins installing our clear window graphics, we recommend the following supplies are gathered to facilitate the process:
– Spray bottle;
– Paper towels;
– Application squeegee; (*available for purchase with every order at a small additional cost)
– Window squeegee.
– The glass or surface area intended to house the clear window graphics are to be cleaned thoroughly prior to the installation. Once the cleaning has been completed, a window squeegee is to be used to remove excess water. Alternatively, the surface can be simply left to air dry for a sufficient amount of time.
– A decal application solution is to be made by combining three drops of dish soap or laundry detergent with one gallon of water. The mixture is to be placed in a spray bottle.
– The clear window graphics is to be laid on a flat, smooth surface and the back-liner is to be removed at this stage of the process. The backing is a frosted, semi transparent material that may prove difficult to remove because of how thin it is. If one is having difficulties with this, they should try applying a small piece of tape to the corner of the backing and use it as help in peeling the backing away from the decal.
– As one is removing the backing, the application solution is to be applied generously to the back of the clear window graphics. Next, they are to spray a generous amount of the solution on the designated surface as well, making sure that both the adhesive side of the decal and the designated surface are now sufficiently wet. Our clear window graphics are not to be submerged in water in an attempt to sufficiently soak the adhesive side.
– One can now apply their clear window graphics to the designated surface. The application solution allows the graphic to slip and move once it has been applied to a surface. One may use this as an advantage to slide the clear window graphics into its final position.
– Once the clear window graphic has been positioned where it should be, the backing which has now been fully removed is to be placed over the graphics’ exterior and the application squeegee is to be used to remove any air bubbles or extra application solution from under the decal.
– This process is to be started at the center of the graphic, and pressed firmly outwards toward the edges. The process is to be continued until the squeegee has been ran over the entire surface of the graphic.
– Paper towels are to be used to clean the glass surface and remove excess water from the edges of the graphic. Our clear window graphics take several days to completely dry and adhere to the surface they have been applied to.
Do our clear window graphics come with a backing? How does one remove it?
– Absolutely! Our clear window graphics come with a frosted backing. The easiest way to remove it is to slightly bend the decal at the corner just like with a sticker. If this does not seem to work, a small piece of scotch tape can be used facilitate the process as demonstrated in the featured instruction video on our website.
How does one install a clear window graphic?
– Installation of clear window graphics consists of two main steps.
The first one is to clean the surface it is to be installed on and allowing it to dry prior to the application.
The second step is the actual installation of the clear window graphics. To install a clear window graphic, mix a drop or two of mild detergent or dish washing liquid to a spray bottle full of warm water. Once the protective backing has been removed from the clear window graphic, the now exposed back side of the decal should be sprayed generously with the mixture, as well as the designated surface. Getting the clear window graphic and the designated surface wet allows for some wiggle room while installing the graphic to the surface.
The clear window graphics are not to be, at any point, fully submerged in water as this can ruin their ability to adhere to the designated surface. Once the clear window graphic has been placed on the designated surface, a flat edge or a squeegee are to be used to flatten it out and remove excess water and soap mixture. One should be careful not to use a tool that will puncture or tear the graphic.
For this reason, we recommend one uses a rubber or felt-tipped squeegee. This, however, should not be a common issue as our clear window graphics are extremely easy to install and sport amazing ability for removal and repositioning during installation.
Once the water and soap mixture have been removed, and the backing has been dried our, the clear window graphic has been fully installed onto a designated surface. Our clear window graphics are strong enough to stay in place, in either indoor or outdoor settings, for extended periods of time, while remaining easy to use and reposition as needed.
Does clear window graphics installation require more than one person?
– Generally speaking, installation of the clear window graphics can be done with one person for smaller decals. For larger clear window graphics, we recommend that at least two people install the decal. This will prevent the clear window graphic from sticking to itself (but if it does then you can still pull it apart) during the process and makes for a much easier squeegee process and overall application of the clear window graphic.
How does one store their clear window graphics?
– If you wish to take down and store your clear window graphics it is best done using the original backing to protect the applied side from collecting dust, debris or other particles which will deteriorate the ability to stick to a desired surface. If you need to store them for a period of time, not greater than one year, before actually installing them make sure to keep the backing on the clear window graphic and store them at room temperature in a non-humid setting.
How does one clean clear window graphics?
– Once installed your clear window graphic can be cleaned of dirt or dust buildup by wiping it with a wet rag or cloth. Regular and light cleaning will help keep the clear window graphic looking bright and clear.
How does one remove clear window graphics?
– Our clear window graphics can be removed by simply peeling it away from the window or surface where it is applied. Because of our clear window graphics proprietary adhesion technology you do not need to worry about any residual stickiness or cleanup that is associated with a typical window decal.
Can the window clear window graphics have been installed on be washed afterwards?
– Yes, washing your windows should not adversely impact your sign. The only exception to this is using any kind of power washer or spray gun directly on the decal. This can damage the decal and cause it to fall off the window.
The conventional form of marketing attracts half of your business’s attention even though digital marketing has taken the world of advertisement by storm. Nevertheless, you
Window Graphics-An Effective Way to Boost your Business Window graphics are a variety of hues and colors that make a window fascinating. Regardless of whether