What materials do we use to produce our clear window clings?
– We craft our clear window clings out of a clear vinyl material. The material itself is not adhesive. The absence of adhesive glues means that our clear window clings can easily be installed, removed, and reused. Instead of utilizing adhesive glues, our clear window clings adhere to the surfaces by utilizing the material’s ability to function as a suction cup instead.
Our clear window clings are completely transparent when blank. This means that, by default, the background of our clear window clings is transparent, and this section is indicated by the grey and white checkered background in our online design tool. If one wishes to have a solid colored background instead, they will need to change this feature during the design process, or simply select our opaque window clings instead.
If one wishes their clear window clings to come with a transparent background they should be aware that image files uploaded with solid backgrounds will not be transparent. For this purpose, a transparent .png file is to be used (the transparent area will be indicated the same way). Do not hesitate to contact us and inquire about our free design services if help is needed.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR THE ESTIMATE | CLEAR WINDOW CLINGS PHOENIX ARIZONA | CUSTOMGRAPHIX.NET
What is the difference between our clear window clings, static clings, static cling decals, and static cling stickers?
– These terms are mutually interchangeable. Our clear window clings are able to adhere to any smooth non-porous surface, and they work especially well on glass and plexiglass, without adhesive. Window clings that are able to adhere to surfaces without an adhesive glue installed into the material are traditionally called ‘static window clings’ owing to the myth that static electricity is what enables them to adhere to surfaces.
We have dispelled this myth in our blog post. The other aforementioned terms are also often used interchangeably. As long as our customers understand that these signage products do not have actual adhesive properties, and are transparent when blank, it does not matter which specific term they refer to them as.
What is the difference between our clear window clings and our window vinyl decals?
– While we produce both our clear window clings and our window vinyl decals out of the same vinyl material, our clear window clings do not have any adhesive glues ingrained into the material, while our window vinyl decals utilize and adhesive backing in order to stick to surfaces.
Our custom clear, and custom opaque window clings are an exception to this as hey do not utilize an adhesive solution, but rather a proprietary adhesion technology which enables them to behave like window clings. Additionally, our decals are most often semi-permanent, while our clear window clings are removable, repositionable, and reusable. Otherwise, both of these categories offer flexible signage options for retail stores, offices, and other settings that have glass surfaces and windows.
How do our clear window clings stick to surfaces?
– Unlike our vinyl window decals that utilize an adhesive backing, our clear window clings do not use an adhesive glue to stick to surfaces. Additionally, contrary to the popular belief, our clear window clings do not utilize any kind of static electricity to adhere to surfaces.
Rather, our clear window clings are able to adhere to surfaces owing to the feature of the material we use that enables it to function like a suction cup when placed and pressed onto a smooth, non-porous surface such as glass, plastic, or metal.
If one needs more information on this subject, they may refer to our article in which we have described in much greater detail how clear window clings work.
Should one choose clings or decals?
– Our clear window clings are generally better for temporary usages such as sales, events, holiday decorations, seasonal promotions and such. For these purposes, they are a fantastic solution for retail stores who regularly have sales and often utilize versatile marketing material in order to attract more people into their store. Our clear window clings are also more affordable than our more permanent decals.
If one needs something that can be removed and repositioned regularly then our clear window clings are the way to go. If one needs a semi-permanent and long-lasting signage solutions, then it is our recommendation that they opt for a window decal.
It is very important to note that, while terms such as ‘window cling sticker’ and ‘static cling window decal’ may be used, one should remember that there is a clear distinction between window clings and window decals in terms of functionality.
What are the minimum and the maximum sizes for our clear window clings?
– Our customers have the ability to customize their clear window clings to almost any size they wish. We do not have any industry-specific standard sizes for clear window clings. However, some sizes are certainly more popular and common than others and these include – six by nine inches, nine by twelve inches, twelve by eighteen inches, twelve by twenty-four inches, sixteen by twenty inches, eighteen by twenty-four inches, and twenty-four by thirty-six inches – as our clear window clings are most commonly used for displaying store hours, sales, etc.
Nevertheless, there are still minimum and maximum dimensions available for our clear window clings. Our clear window clings cannot be smaller than three inches in either dimension and no larger than three hundred, which is pretty large. While we are able to produce clear window clings that are smaller than three by three inches, they do not adhere to surfaces very well, and this may also result in printing that is not very clear as it would be on a larger print surface. We also advise against using very tiny fonts or lettering in order to ensure that the clear window cling is clearly printed and readable.
Are our clear window clings visible from a distance?
– For greater visibility, we recommend our clear window clings are crafted in colors that provide contrast to the surface they are to be installed on. Additionally, we normally print a layer of white color onto the clear window cling before printing out the actual colors of the quoted design. This ensures maximum brilliance and visibility. The white print is not visible, it simply serves to enhance the colors, and is free of charge.
Aside from the contrasting colors, and the white ink, when designing a clear window cling one should consider the surface it is to be installed on, what distance they need people to see it from, and what text they actually need and want to put on it. In this regard, we truly believe that less is more.
When should one choose a clear window cling instead of an opaque window cling?
– Our clear window clings offer the feature of a transparent background around the areas that contain the inked design. This means that storefronts or retail locations are prefect places to utilize our clear window clings. They are a perfect signage solution for advertising promotions, sales, etc. while still allowing the customers the ability to see inside the store through the same window.
Does incorporating multiple colors in the clear window cling design affect the price?
– We print everything in full color. This means that regardless of the number of colors and shades incorporated in a clear window cling design, the price will not change. The price of a clear window cling is determined by their size and quantity.
We also offer bulk discounts that refer to orders of two or more signage products of the same design. One should account for other potential costs, such as shipping and taxes, when applied.
Can our clear window clings be cut to shape, or individual letters?
– Absolutely! We can cut our clear window clings into any shape our customers require.
However, but selecting ‘custom with border’ shape option in our online design tool, it assumes a small border will remain around the edge of the cut, one can customize their clear window clings to any shape and size. Additional shape options one can choose from for their clear window clings include square, rectangle, rounded corners (a quarter of and inch radius, or an inch radius), circle, and oval.
If one is interested in individually cut letters for their storefront or home windows, they are most likely looking for our cut vinyl lettering which is a completely different product.
Can our clear window clings adhere to any glass surface, and be used in any climate?
– Absolutely! Our clear window clings are best used on glass surfaces and this is what they have been designed for. However, they are also perfectly suitable for the surfaces such as laminate, plastics, stainless steel, aluminum, electronics (TV screens, tablets, computer monitors, etc.). The surfaces our clear window clings will not adhere to include any type of textured surfaces, drywall, etc.
Our clear window clings will, for the most part, work equally well in a wide variety of climates. However, it is our recommendation that our clear window clings are primarily used indoors. By selecting the ‘inside glass’ option in our online design tool, one is able to advertise to the approaching customers by placing the clear window cling on the inner side of a window. Choosing this approach avoids extremely wet, humid, or frigid weather affecting the clear window cling, as these may adversely impact its performance and functionality. Outdoor use for our clear window clings is best done in moderate weather and conditions.
What surfaces do our clear window clings best adhere to? Are there any restrictions?
– Generally speaking, the main principle behind clear window clings usage is that they will work on any smooth, non-porous surface. Therefore, surfaces such as tile, metal, painted drywall, painted wood, and plastic are perfectly suitable surfaces to apply clear window clings to.
Our clear window clings do not adhere well to porous surfaces. As an example, untreated and rough wood will not work, while treated and painted wool most likely will. Specific surfaces our clear window clings will most certainly fail to properly adhere to include brick, heavily textured surfaces, cinder block, paneling, stucco, some types of wallpaper, unfinished wood, and concrete.
Can our clear window clings be used outside? Can they be installed on vehicles?
– Our clear window clings are most commonly used inside. While they can be used outdoors, we normally advise against it. If one insists on installing our clear window clings outside they should make sure to follow the installation manual and remove them before any severe weather. Owing to their ability to be removed and reused easily, they can still be used outdoors.
If one wishes to display their clear window cling outside but install it on the inside, they may select the ‘inside glass option’ in our online design tool. This means that the clear window cling will be reverse-printed. The clear window cling can than be applied to the inner surface of a window and be seen from the outside. This printing method enables the clear window cling to be visible outside while protecting it from the elements. However, it should be noted that if the window to which a clear window cling is to be installed on is tinted, it may affect the visibility of the cling.
We do not recommend our clear window clings to be used on the exterior of any type of vehicle. Our clear window clings are not designed to be placed on vehicles and will fly off in they are installed there. For this purpose, we recommend our car decals, or magnets.
Can one install our clear window clings on the inside of a vehicle?
– Absolutely! Our clear window clings can be installed on the inside of a vehicle. The ‘inside glass’ option is also available here but one should consider whether they want their clear window cling to be visible from the inside or the outside of the vehicle before choosing the printing method.
For a more permanent vehicle signage, we recommend one refers to our vinyl decals instead, but our clear window clings can still be used in this manner, especially if one wishes to be able to remove, replace, and reposition the design.
How does one remove our clear window clings? Do they leave residue behind?
– As long as one follow our installation and storage guide, they may remove and reuse our clear window clings as many times as they’d like. Removing our clear window clings from a window leaves no residue behind as they utilize no sticky residue to work. Instead the material functions as a suction cup when placed and pressed onto a surface.
What are the most common uses for our clear window clings?
– The most common uses for clear window clings can be broken down into two main categories – home and business.
Businesses use them to advertise store hours, sales, and promotions, among other things. Likewise, office establishments use clear window clings for feature décor, motivational quotes, room numbering, and more. Fleet cars may also use vinyl lettering to feature a variety of lettering, including registration numbers, contact information, website, and business name.
Our clear window clings are also used for home décor – as quotes, house rules, chores, welcomes, etc. – as well as for soliciting, security warnings, and more.
Installation and Care
How does one install our clear window clings?
– Our clear window clings is a wet install which means that it requires a water and soap based mixture in order to adhere to the designated surface. We have provided the detailed installation guide below, as well as an instructional video one can find on our website.
It is important to note that, for larger designs which are intended to cover entire windows or other large surfaces, it is our recommendation that professional help is employed for best results.
– Before the application of clear window clings begins, the following supplies are to be gathered to facilitate the process:
– Spray bottle;
– Paper towels;
– Application squeegee (available as an additional purchase with every order at a small additional cost);
– Window squeegee;
– Razor knife;
– The designated surface for your clear window cling is to be thoroughly cleaned prior to the installation. It should be allowed to either air dry, or wiped dry with a squeegee.
– The application solution for the clear window cling is to be created by combining three drops of dish soap with one gallon of water and placed into a spray bottle.
– The designated installation location for your clear window cling is to be measured.
– The custom window cling is to be held up to the window in the designated location and a horizontal strip of masking or painters tape is to be applied to the top of the clear window cling in order to create a hinge.
– The bottom edge of the clear window cling is to be held away from the window, and the designated surface is to be sprayed with the application solution that has been created in the step above.
– The back liner is to be removed from the clear window cling, starting from the top corner and going down to the adjacent bottom corner. As the back liner is being removed, the application solution is to be generously sprayed onto the adhesive side of clear window cling.
– Once the back liner has been completely removed, and both the clear window cling and the designated surface are wet with application solution, a squeegee is to be used to apply pressure to the front of the cling, adhering it to the window. The squeegee is to be used from left to right and from top to bottom.
– If bubbles or creases begin to develop during this process, the affected portion of the clear window cling is to be lifted carefully away from the surface and the application process is to be repeated.
– Once the entire clear window cling has been applied to the window without major bubbles or creases, the squeegee is to be ran over entire cling one more time in order to ensure that the adhesive has firmly attached to the surface.
– Then, the pre-masked transfer tape is to be removed, starting from the top corner and going down to the adjacent bottom corner. If any of the clear window cling begins to peel off the surface during this process, the squeegee is to be used to firmly adhere it back to it, until the pre-masked tape comes fully cleanly off.
– Once the pre-masked transfer tape has been fully removed, the back liner is to be laid over the installed clear window cling and hard pressure is to be applied with a squeegee. This will remove any air bubbles or creases that may have formed during the application.
– Paper towels are to be used to clean the surface the clear window cling has been installed on, and to remove any excess water from the edges of the graphic. It may take several days for the adhesive to completely dry and bind to the surface.
– If the clear window cling goes up to the edge of the designated surface, a razor blade or a ruler can be used to trim the excess material away until the clear window cling is flush with the edge of the window.
What happens if bubbles appear when a clear window cling is installed?
– If the clear window cling has been installed properly, no bubbles should appear. If any small bubbles do appear during the installation process, that portion of the clear window cling should simply be lifted and reapplied. Large bubbles which carry the risk of tearing the lettering or rendering it unusable can be punctured with a pin or a needle. Air can then be removed by carefully pressing against the cling by hand, or with a flat object. We advise extreme care when removing large bubbles in order to avoid wrinkling of the material.
How does one clean our clear window clings?
– Our clear window clings can be cleaned on a regular basis by using a soft damp cloth or rag. The clear window cling is to be simply wiped down so that any dirt or dust that may have accumulated is removed. Our clear window clings are not to be scrubbed vigorously, but gently wiped. Additionally, power washers and strong cleaners should not be utilized as they can damage the product.
How does one store our clear window clings?
– If one intends to store our clear window clings for future use, they need to keep the lining it originally comes with. One can use this lining to carefully put the cling back on, and store in a cool and dry room with a sheet of paper or wax on both sides. If one misplaces the lining, they are to store our clear window clings flat between sheets of wax paper. Our clear window clings are not to be rolled or folded as it may cause creasing which is difficult to remove.
What does one do if our clear window clings lose their clinging property?
– Our clear window clings can be revitalized by cleaning them with soapy water and then rinsing them with clean water. One may be able to increase the lifespan of our clear window clings by rubbing them against wool or fleece as well. When reinstalling out clear window clings, one should make sure to spray both the designated surface and the clear window cling with water. A squeegee is to be used to apply the clear window cling to the designated surface.
The conventional form of marketing attracts half of your business’s attention even though digital marketing has taken the world of advertisement by storm. Nevertheless, you
Window Graphics-An Effective Way to Boost your Business Window graphics are a variety of hues and colors that make a window fascinating. Regardless of whether