Car and Truck Lettering Product Specifications
What is cut vinyl / vinyl lettering? Is it one piece or does it consist of individual design elements?
– Car a truck lettering (cut vinyl / vinyl lettering) is a signage solution that is produced when the quoted design is cut out of a pre-colored sheet of self-adhesive two millimeter vinyl material and can be cut into letters, numbers, or other individual design elements. It consists of individual design elements, usually letters, that are cut to the exact shape and then pre-spaced and placed onto pre-masked transfer tape, allowing it to be installed in one seamless process with exact accuracy.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR THE ESTIMATE | CAR AND TRUCK LETTERING PHOENIX ARIZONA | CUSTOMGRAPHIX.NET
Do we place all individual letters and design elements of a car and truck lettering design onto a single sheet of transfer tape?
– In most cases, the individual letters and graphics contained within one’s car and truck lettering quoted design will be appropriately spaced and placed on a single sheet of transfer tape, making application simple and easy.
However, if car and truck lettering exceeds the size of forty-eight inches, for black and white colors, or twenty-four inches, for all other colors, in either width or length, the car and truck lettering will be split and placed onto two sheets of transfer tape. If the quoted car and truck lettering comes in three colors or more, it will be placed on multiple sheets of transfer tape, as many as there are colors.
What are the differences between vehicle lettering, car lettering, and truck lettering?
– All of these are different names for the same product. We utilize the exact same material and manufacture process when producing vinyl lettering for our customer’s cars, trucks, vans, or any other type of vehicle. The reason different terms are used so often is to help us showcase that we are able to produce vinyl lettering that suits different types of vehicles with the same quality and type of product.
Is car and truck lettering a printed or a cut vinyl signage product?
– We cut our car and truck lettering to shape out of a pre-colored sheet of vinyl material, which allows for the absence of background in the final product. This is why the number of colors one can choose for our vinyl lettering products is limited when compared to our other signage products that are printed. Once the general shapes of the quoted design elements are cut out, manual weeding / picking is done by our production team to remove any internal spaces. This enables our car and truck lettering to assume the exact shape of the quoted design. No printing is used in manufacturing car and truck lettering. If one is interested in having their vehicle graphic printed in vinyl, with unlimited colors available, they should refer to our vehicle decals instead.
What is weeding or picking?
– Weeding, also known as ‘picking’, is part of car and vehicle lettering production process in which our staff ‘weeds’ or ‘picks’ out the portions of the car and vehicle lettering which are not part of the actual design. As an example, the middle portions of a ‘D’ or ‘B’ letters would need to be taken out in order for the design to look like actual letters instead of two solid shapes. This manual process is unavoidable and can impact the pricing for complicated custom designs which require a lot of weeding.
What are the differences between our car and truck lettering and our other vehicle decals?
– The main difference between our car and truck lettering and our opaque / clear / perforated vehicle decals is that the car and truck lettering utilizes no printing and offers different, but more limited, colors of vinyl material. Our vehicle decals all contain the quoted design that is printed onto a standard, blank vinyl material.
Another major difference is the cutting options these alternatives offer. Our car and truck lettering is cut to the exact shape, including the internal spaces, while our vehicle decals can only be cut to the general outline of the quoted design shape, keeping a solid background.
What are the differences between vehicle lettering and vehicle decals?
– Generally speaking, ‘vehicle decal’ is a term that refers to signage products made out of material with adhesive properties which has the intended purpose of being installed on an exterior of a vehicle. In that sense, our car and truck lettering is a type of vehicle decal. However, in order to ensure our customers are clear of confusion, we refer to vinyl signage products that are cut out of pre-colored vinyl instead of printed as ‘vehicle lettering’.
What is our car and truck lettering made from?
– We craft our car and truck lettering in high-performance two millimeters-thick (fifty microns) cast film of highest quality, with adhesive technology applied to its back. Our car and truck lettering is designed to last up to eight to ten years (depending on usage and climate conditions0. The material we use in production is self-adhesive and comes in more than thirty-five pre-designated colors.
What is the default color of our car and truck lettering?
– Each roll of vinyl material we utilise to craft and cut car and truck lettering is individually manufactured in a different color. For the production of car and truck lettering we simply utilize machines to cut out the quoted design of the lettering. Therefore, unlike most of our other products which have a ‘default’ or ‘raw’ color before the printing occurs, our car and truck lettering is different and the finished product is the same color as the raw material.
However, most people choose white for the color of their car and truck lettering. This is because, in most cases, a white color provides for most contrast and visibility when installed on the window or body of a vehicle, especially on windows that are tinted.
How thick is our car and truck lettering?
– Two millimeters-thick (fifty microns), about the thickness of half a sheet of copy paper. This enables our car and truck lettering not to protrude from the surface it is installed on, while maintaining quality and durability.
Is our car and truck lettering visible in the dark? Do we offer alternative types of car and truck lettering such as premium, reflective, or marine?
– Our car and truck lettering is not visible in the dark. As far as premium vinyl, the default vinyl material we use has exceptional quality, and has a durability and lifespan that are similar to what other providers offer as their ‘premium’ product. At the moment, however, we do not offer reflective or marine vinyl types. If one is interested in creating car and truck lettering out of one of these vinyl types, we may still be able to help. Do not hesitate to contact us and inquire further.
How large should car and truck lettering be?
– Our car and truck lettering is available in a wide range of sizes so it can fit whatever needs our customers may have. In order to determine what the size of car and truck lettering should be, one should start by measuring the surface they wish to apply car and truck lettering to.
Most of our customers apply car and truck lettering to the rear window, back, or sides of the vehicle. Our standard size for car and truck lettering is thirty-six inches by eighteen inches, and this size fits most rear windows well but because each rear window is unique in size and shape, we highly recommend our customer measures their designated area before placing an order for car and truck lettering. The general rule of the thumb is that one inch of height for ten feet of visibility is also a good guide for how large car and truck lettering needs to be in order to be seen by others.
How are the height and width of car and truck lettering measured?
– The proportions of car and truck lettering are measured from the highest point of the tallest latter to the lowest point of the lowest letter, as well as from the beginning of the left-most letter to the end of the right-most letter. For example, if one is to order a car and truck lettering that said ‘Sign’, the height of the car and truck lettering would be measured from the top of ‘S’ to the bottom of ‘g’. The total size of car and truck lettering is determined by multiplying the height by the width of the full design.
What are the maximum and minimum dimensions of our car and truck lettering?
– The minimum size for our car and truck lettering is one by one inch. Due to the paneling technique we use, there is no precise maximum size for our car and truck lettering, allowing our customers to go as large as they’d like. This allows our customers to create some very large graphics that can be used on large vehicles, such as buses and semi trucks.
However, it is important to note, that if either width or height of the quoted car and truck lettering design exceeds twenty-four inches, then the car and truck lettering will have to be comprised of multiple sheets / panels of vinyl, which will create a small seam in the design. If one wishes to keep seams out of their car and truck lettering design, they must keep the dimensions under twenty-four inches, or two feet, in one direction (width or height) and six hundred inches (fifty feet) in the other.
If one orders a large car and truck lettering, we recommend they either employ professional installation help, or get a few other people to help ensure proper installation.
What is stroke width and why should one care?
– Stroke width refers to the width of any given letter in the quoted vinyl lettering design. Extremely narrow letters, or narrow parts of letters, may prove problematic when printing and weeding out the vinyl lettering product. Therefore, any custom design one wishes to quote for their car and truck lettering order should avoid of extremely narrow fonts. For this reason, custom fonts which we haven’t listed on our website should be sent to us so we can accurately determine our ability to produce them.
Do we offer vinyl vehicle wraps?
– Unfortunately, not at the moment.
Do we offer vehicle stripes or striping?
– Unfortunately, we do not offer vehicle stripes or striping products at the moment. However, our car and truck lettering can be as large as six hundred inches, or fifty feet, in one dimension which enables it to be used in striping. If one chooses to use our car and truck lettering for vehicle striping, and orders a design that is longer than three feet, the we strongly recommend they either employ professional help or have several other people aid with the installation.
How many fonts we have available for car and truck lettering? Do we offer font options for car and truck lettering beyond what is presented on our website?
– We offer more than seventy fonts for car and truck lettering on our website, allowing our customers to create car and truck lettering that ranges from professional to creative. If one has a specific font in mind that they wish to use, but they don’t see it on our website, they are able to upload their own design file that contains the desired font in our online design too. The uploaded file must be in vector format, and must be either .ai, .eps, .svg, or .pdf. If one needs help uploading their desired font, they should contact us directly, and our free design service team will assist them.
How many colors do we have available for car and truck lettering? Do we offer color options for car and truck lettering beyond what is presented on our website?
– One may choose between thirty-nine different colors for their car and truck lettering, including standard and specialty colors. Generally speaking, we are only able to produce car and truck lettering from the colors that are presented on our website. However, if one has a specific color in mind, but they cannot find it on our website, they may place a custom order by contacting us directly.
Can one order car and truck lettering design with multiple colors?
– Absolutely! One may order car and truck lettering design that incorporates any variety of colors that we offer on our website. Each individual design element that one creates in our online design tool, be it lettering, numbers, or other graphics, will each have its own solid color. If one wants multiple colors, they should make sure to create multiple objects, one for each color, in the design tool.
We should note that if the car and truck lettering design incorporates three or more separate colors, the car and truck lettering will be sent out on separate sheets of pre-masked transfer tape for each color. One then needs simply combine them together during the installation. If one is uploading their own file, they should note that each file uploaded will have one color applied. If one needs multiple colors in their car and truck lettering design, they will need to create and upload individual files, one per color.
What if one has a design that has several different color variations and they wish to display it as such on the vehicle, what should they do?
– If one has a design that utilizes many colors, or if they wish for colors in their digital design to match their physical counterpart exactly, then we recommend they refer to using one of our vehicle decals instead. Our vehicle decals are printed, not cut, which enables us to use unlimited number of color, shades, and tones in their production.
Do the colors we have presented on our website match how they look in real life?
– When car and truck lettering is produced, color shades can vary from monitor to monitor. With standard signage we are able to offset this by producing car and truck lettering in custom color matching for a fifty USD charge.
Because we craft our car and truck lettering in pre-colored material instead of printing it in blank, we are unable to guarantee that the colors of the material will perfectly match the specific shade one is looking for. The colors one can see on screen – provided they use standard settings – are fairly close to the product one actually receives. However, we utilise a standard color set for vinyl and are happy to provide our customers with a list of shades we have in stock.
Does choice of color affect the pricing of car and truck lettering?
– No. The colors we have listed in our offer all come at the same cost. However, ordering car and truck lettering in custom color, as per custom order, as well as ordering car and truck lettering in multiple colors will slightly increase the price.
Can car and truck lettering be something other than letters?
– In addition to the small collection of clip art we have presented on our website, we currently do not offer any additional graphics or non-letter designs for car and truck lettering signage. However, if one is looking for something specific but do not see it presented on our website, we are still able to help. Do not hesitate to contact us and inquire further.
How does one make a business logo out of car and truck lettering?
If one wishes to create their business logo out of car and truck lettering, they may upload a file with the desired logo in our online design tool. They should make sure that the file is in vector format (.ai, .eps, .svg, or .pdf). If the logo has multiple colors, one will need to upload multiple files, one per color. If one needs help making their business logo out of our car and truck lettering offer, they may refer to our free design services, and our professional team of designers will assist them.
How does one upload their own custom design?
– The first step is to open our online design tool. Once that’s done, one will see an icon on the far left menu that says ‘upload’. They should click on that icon, and make sure to read carefully through the uploading requirements. Our requirements are that the upload needs to be a vector artwork, and that it needs to be uploaded in one of the following formats – .aim .eps, .svg, or .pdf. Then, they are to select the file from their computer or mobile phone and upload it to our design tool. If one has a custom design they would like to use for car and truck lettering but do not have it as vector artwork or in the appropriate format, they may refer to our free design services, and our professional team of designers will assist them.
What is a vector file?
– A vector artwork is a type of graphic that uses mathematical equations to produce an image made from lines and shapes, that can be scaled to any size without the loss of quality or fidelity. Vectors are used to create illustrations in software programs, such as Adobe Illustrator. Vector images are the ideal format for creating car and truck lettering designs as they can be made with a transparent background, and are able to be scaled to any size without losing quality or becoming ‘pixelated’.
Why won’t the uploaded file work?
– If one is having difficulty uploading their desired file, ti is most likely because it does not meet one or both of the aforementioned requirements. In addition to the formatting requirements, our online design tool is also unable to receive files that are larger than twenty-five megabytes. If one is having trouble uploading their desired design file, they may refer to our free design services, and our professional team of designers will assist them.
Do differences in design affect the pricing of car and truck lettering?
– Yes. Both the size and complexity of the quoted car and truck lettering design are a factor in pricing of the order. Simple fonts and graphics require less cutting and weeding time than more complex ones. However, while the price will vary, the difference isn’t significant.
Does one have to use one of our templates for car and truck lettering?
– While we offer numerous existing templates across a wide range of different categories, our customers are not required to use one of them. We have provided an online design tool which allows our customers to design their own car and truck lettering from scratch, by using a blank template or by uploading a wide range of file types for pre-designed graphics. Additionally, we offer free design services in which we can design a graphic for you, or improve an existing design, completely free of charge.
What is the estimated lifespan of car and truck lettering?
– Our car and truck lettering can last between eight and ten years with proper installation and care. The placement of the car and truck lettering, however, may affect its durability – inside vs. outside, climate, environment.
Does exposure to sun or other elements damage car and truck lettering?
– The constant exposure to elements may reduce the lifespan of our car and truck lettering. However, even if the harshest of elements we have witnessed our car and truck lettering last several years.
Can our car and truck lettering withstand frost / snow, and freezing temperatures?
– Our car and truck lettering is designed and produced to withstand temperatures as low as minus forty degrees Fahrenheit. Our car and truck lettering is waterproof, can withstand snow, ice, and frost. One of the most common issues our customers face with our car and truck lettering is when the product gets damaged during the process of scraping frost off the window it is installed on. For that reason, we recommend the scrapping is done carefully around the edges of the car and truck lettering, in order to prevent the scraping.
One may also order their car and truck lettering with front-facing adhesive, also known as ‘inside glass’ in our design tool. However, we normally advise against using this option for car and truck lettering that is to be installed on a vehicle window because glass tint or reflection can significantly decrease the visibility of the product.
Is the adhesive solution used for manufacturing of car and truck lettering toxic?
– No. There is no any danger or risk of toxicity in using our car and truck lettering.
Does the car and truck lettering have glossy or matte finish?
– Our car and truck lettering is manufactured with a moderate glossy finish due to the nature of material utilized (vinyl).
Does our car and truck lettering have a laminate over top?
– No, our car and truck lettering does not have laminate on its external side. Our car and truck lettering is professionally crafted to last between eight and ten years, indoors or outdoors, without any laminate use. We manufacture them with ultraviolet-protected material to ensure a long lifespan.
Are there any laws regarding car and truck lettering use?
– Laws regarding car and truck lettering use vary fro state to state. However, the general consensus among states is that decals and stickers used on vehicle windows must not obstruct the driver’s view in any way. One should keep this in mind when creating and placing an order for car and truck lettering. Vehicles used for commercial purposes may have additional laws regulating vehicle signage identification and use.
What are USDOT numbers? Can car and truck lettering be used for USDOT numbering?
– USDOT numbers are used to identify and register vehicles that are used for commercial purposes, such as transporting passengers, or hauling cargo in interstate commerce. USDOT numbers are required in more than thirty states and must be applied to a vehicle, once the vehicle has gone through the registration process. Our car and truck lettering may be used to create USDOT numbers, as long as they maintain the height of at least two inches.
What are the height requirements for USDOT numbering? What are other relevant regulations one should be aware of?
– USDOT numbering must be at least two inches in height, with some local governments requiring at least three. The color of car and truck lettering may vary, but must contrast the colors of the vehicle, making it clearly visible. Alternative fonts may also be used, as long as they are clear and legible.
What is the best place for one to display their USDOT number?
– USDOT numbers must be clearly visible. Most common areas of placement include the bottom of the driver’s door, the bottom of the passenger’s door, and the rear of the vehicle. Some local governments may require a specific placement, so one should confirm with the local authorities, or agencies, before installing their car and truck lettering as a USDOT number.
Car and Truck Lettering Usage
What are the most common uses for car and truck lettering?
– The most common uses for our car and truck lettering are mobile business or product advertising. This is commonly used by business owners who visit customers rather than have customers visit them. These include tradesmen – such as plumbers, electricians, landscapers, contractors, etc. Also, catering companies, delivery services, proprietors of home businesses or individuals who work on their own, realtors, photographers, etc. Our car and truck lettering can also be used for vehicle branding or regulatory purposes. Regardless of the type of business in question, our car and truck lettering are an extremely effective advertising solution.
Is our car and truck lettering reusable?
– Our car and truck lettering can be removed at any point without any issues. It is, however, worth noting that our car and truck lettering is semi-permanent and not repositionable. Once it has been installed, our car and truck lettering can be removed, but not reinstalled.
Can one install our car and truck lettering on any part or surface of a vehicle?
– As we mentioned above, our car and truck lettering can be installed on either windows or body of a vehicle. Their ability to adhere to the designated surface can very depending on whether the surface is porous or not, and how smooth it is. Nonporous surfaces which are also smooth are the best choice for installing our car and truck lettering. Porous and rough surfaces do not allow the adhesive of our car and truck lettering to take hold as they allow air to pass underneath the letterig. When the vehicle is in use the air current can be very powerful and cause the lettering to peel away or fly off altogether.
Will our car and truck lettering ruin windows or paint?
– No, the installation and the removal of our car and truck lettering will not hurt or damage any surface they are installed on. The only way for a window or paint to be damaged as a result of using our car and truck lettering on it is if the glass or paint are scratched by a metal squeegee during installation. For this reason, we offer a felt-tipped squeegee as an additional purchase with your car and truck lettering, at a small additional cost.
However, if the body, window, or paint of the vehicle have been previously damanged, the car and truck lettering can cause further damage upon removal as the adhesive utilized on its back may pull away the paint or body fragments which had been weakened by the prior damage.
A car and truck lettering that has been installed for an extended period of time may cause the paint underneath to be less vibrant than the rest due to fading over time.
Can car and truck lettering be applied on top of any type of paint?
– Our car and truck lettering work well with most commonly-used latex-based or oil-based paints. The paints we advise against using with our car and truck lettering are the ones which are highly textured, and the ones with additives as those can offset the adhesive technology of the lettering. Additionally, matte finish paints are better than semi or highly glossed paints.
Does our car and truck lettering work on tinted windows?
– Our car and truck lettering is great for tinted windows. One should simply make sure to pick a color that creates a contrast to the tint. For example, if the window has a dark tint, they should choose a light color (such as white) for their car and truck lettering. This ensures maximum visibility. We also recommend placing the car and truck lettering on the outside as opposed to the inside. Placing the car and truck lettering on the inside of a tainted window will make it less visible to others.
Can one place a car and truck lettering decal on the inside of a vehicle window and have it be visible from the outside?
– While reverse printing is possible with our car and truck lettering, due to the opaque nature of the material, we advise against it. Only very small inside glass car and truck lettering should be considered as not to obstruct the drivers view or hinder the visibility of the driver in any way. If one wishes to use the ‘inside glass’ option for our car and truck lettering they should mind to install it on a portion of the glass that is flat and not curved in any way. It is also important to note that ‘inside glass’ car and truck lettering will not be visible from the outside if the windows are tinted.
Can our car and truck lettering be used on other types of vehicles?
– Absolutely! Our car and truck vinyl lettering may be installed on cars, lawn mowers, trucks, tractors, vans, RVs, vans, off-road vehicles, jeeps, race cars, buses, UTVs, commercial vehicles, ATVs, motorcycles, dirt bikes etc. They may be installed on windows as well as the body of the vehicle.
What surfaces does our car and truck lettering best adhere to? Are there any restrictions?
– Generally speaking, the main principle behind car and truck lettering usage is that it will work on any smooth, non-porous surface. Therefore, while its main purpose is to be used on vehicles, it may also adhere to surfaces such as tile, metal, painted drywall, painted wood, and plastic are perfectly suitable surfaces to apply car and truck lettering to.
Our car and truck lettering does not adhere well to porous surfaces. As an example, untreated and rough wood will not work, while treated and painted wool most likely will. Specific surfaces our car and truck lettering will most certainly fail to properly adhere to include brick, heavily textured surfaces, cinder block, paneling, stucco, some types of wallpaper, unfinished wood, and concrete.
How opaque is car and truck lettering?
– Our car and truck lettering is quite opaque, but it is also thin enough to allow some light to pass through it when it is applied to windows. The darker the color the more opaque it tends to be.
Can our car and truck lettering be used outside?
– Absolutely! Our car and truck lettering is suitable for both inside and outside installation. Climate, installation, care and maintenance will affect the lifespan of car and truck lettering, but they are certain to last between eight and ten years.
Can our car and truck lettering be used in humid environments?
– Generally speaking, our car and truck lettering can easily be used in humid locations. The only exception to this is that the surface which car and truck lettering is applied to ought to be dry for the installation, otherwise the signage may not adhere properly. Extremely humid locations may somewhat reduce the lifespan of car and truck lettering, but it should last years with proper care.
Can car and truck lettering be stored for future use?
– Our car and truck lettering can be stored for a short period of time – between one and two months – but we advise that it is installed as soon as possible in order for the adhesive solution to work its best when applied.
Car and Truck Lettering Installation and Care
How does one install car and truck lettering?
– Our vehicle vinyl lettering does not require professional assistance for installation. Although, when it comes to larger designs, some help may be necessary in order to prevent the material from prematurely sticking to the surface or itself.
Complex designs with multiple colors will require that the vehicle vinyl lettering is placed on the desired surface in layers. We have outlined this process below.
The steps to installing vehicle vinyl lettering have been presented below. We advise reading all the steps carefully before staring the application. The steps we have outlined below should be followed in order to ensure proper application.
– The surface which the vehicle vinyl lettering is to be applied to should be cleaned with non-abrasive rag and a very mild cleaner mixture, or slightly soapy water.
– The surface should be left to fully air dry prior to the application.
– The area to which vehicle vinyl lettering is to be applied to should be measured in advance.
– The area to which vehicle vinyl lettering is to be applied to should be marked prior to installation.
– Without removing the backing of the vehicle vinyl lettering or the transfer tape – which is placed on top of the vehicle vinyl lettering -, one should use masking or painter’s tape, or any other suitable tape, to affix the top edge of pre-masked vehicle vinyl lettering to the previously marked area.
* For vehicle vinyl lettering designs with multiple colors, two vinyl lettering dots, one in the upper left corner and one in the bottom right corner, will be included with the product on each layer in order to facilitate correctly lining up each layer on the desired surface.
– The backing of the vehicle vinyl lettering should be carefully peeled away, stating from the top. Not all backing should be peeled away. Initially, only a thin horizontal stretch of the backing should be peeled. Transfer tape and vinyl lettering, both of which have their adhesive side exposed at this step of the process, should be prevented from touching the designated surface.
– While holding the adhesive sides of transfer tape and vehicle vinyl lettering away from the designated surface, a hand or another flat surface, such as credit card or squeegee, should be used to evenly and firmly press the adhesive backing of the vehicle vinyl lettering and transfer tape to the surface. This should be done top to bottom, across the horizontal stretch which has been exposed in the previous step.
– The backing is to be peeled away little by little while the lettering is evenly and firmly pressed, with transfer tape on top of it, onto the surface.
– Once the vehicle vinyl lettering has fully been applied to the surface, the transfer tape is to be carefully removed.
* For complex designs with multiple colors, once the first layer has been applied to the surface, including the dots in the upper left and bottom right corners, the next layer should be placed by aligning the dots of the second layer with the first layer. It is important to note that the layers are not labeled. The application is to be continued by utilizing the dots on the designated surface and repeating the steps outlined above.
– The vehicle vinyl lettering has now been installed on the designated surface.
– Any bubbles that remain are to be removed, as well as any non-permanent markings.
* For complex designs with multiple colors, the vinyl dots should also be removed at the end of the installation process. They are to be carefully peeled away from the designated surface with fingernails or a sharp tool. Care should be taken to avoid scratching away the paint, or damaging the vehicle vinyl lettering.
Is our car and truck lettering easy to install?
– Our car and truck lettering does not require professional assistance for installation. Although, when it comes to larger designs, some help may be necessary in order to prevent the material from prematurely sticking to the surface or itself.
Complex designs with multiple colors will require that the car and truck lettering is placed on the desired surface in layers. We have outlined this prices below.
The steps to installing car and truck lettering have been presented above. We advise reading all the steps carefully before staring the application. The steps we have outlined below should be followed in order to ensure proper application.
Does our car and truck lettering come with a backing? How does one remove it?
– Absolutely! Our car and truck lettering comes with a frosted backing. The easiest way to remove it is to slightly bend the decal at the corner just like with a sticker. If this does not seem to work, a small piece of scotch tape can be used facilitate the process as demonstrated in the featured instruction video on our website.
Additionally, all of our window car and truck lettering comes pre-spaced and pre-masked with transfer tape, making the application a simple, all-at-once process. To install our car and truck lettering properly, simply follow the step by step instructions we have outlined above and you shall have your car and truck lettering installed exactly as you want it without hassle.
What is pre-masked transfer tape?
– Pre-masked transfer tape, also known as ‘pre-masked transfer paper’ is material which is laid over car and truck lettering. Once the back liner has been removed, and car and truck lettering has been installed, peeling it away will leave the car and truck lettering in place of the desired surface.
It is important to note that complex car and truck lettering designs with multiple colors will not come on a single sheet of pre-masked transfer tape like simple one-color designs. In these cases, one will need to layer the colors individually on the desired surface in order for the final design to be put in place. One may refer to our detailed car and truck lettering installation manual we have provided below, where we explain the process for both complex and simple designs.
What does one need to install car and truck lettering?
– The only item that is essential for car and truck lettering installation process aside from the measuring tape is the masking tape. This allows car and truck lettering to be affixed in the proper location and installed exactly where it should be.
If available, a flat surface tool – such as a squeegee – would be advantageous. However, using one’s hand, a credit card, or even a hardcover book can do just fine in most cases.
Additionally, a level may help ensure that the vinyl lettering is installed evenly rather than crooked as a result of a failed eyeball test. Lastly, if the surface is extremely dirty, we advise using a spray bottle and a rag, or simply a damp rag, to clean the designated surface prior to vinyl lettering application.
Do we provide any tools for application?
– Currently, we only offer squeegees for a very small additional cost to aid in the installation process. Most hardware and office supply stores will be able to provide anything else one may have in mind.
What happens if bubbles appear when car and truck lettering is installed?
– If the car and truck lettering has been installed properly, no bubbles should appear. If any small bubbles do appear during the installation process, that portion of the car and truck lettering should simply be lifted and reapplied. Large bubbles which carry the risk of tearing the lettering or rendering it unusable can be punctured with a pin or a needle. Air can then be removed by carefully pressing against the lettering by hand, or with a flat object. We advise extreme care when removing large bubbles in order to avoid wrinkling of the material.
How does one remove car and truck lettering?
– Our car and truck lettering can be removed by simply peeling them away from the window or surface where they had been applied. Because of our car and truck lettering’s proprietary adhesion technology you do not need to worry about any residual stickiness or cleanup that is associated with other types of vehicle signage products.
Can the vehicles car and truck lettering have been installed on be washed afterwards?
– Yes, washing your car should not adversely impact your sign. The only exception to this is using any kind power washers or spray gun for prolonged periods of time directly on the decal. This can damage the lettering and cause it to fall off.
How does one store their car and truck lettering?
– If you wish to take down and store your car and truck lettering it is best done using the original backing to protect the applied side from collecting dust, debris or other particles which will deteriorate the ability to stick to a desired surface. If you need to store them for a period of time, not greater than one year, before actually installing them make sure to keep the backing on the car and truck lettering and store them at room temperature in a non-humid setting.
How does one clean car and truck lettering?
– Once installed your car and truck lettering can be cleaned of dirt or dust buildup by wiping it with a wet rag or cloth. Regular and light cleaning will help keep the car and truck lettering looking bright and clear.
Our car and truck lettering is to be washed on a regular basis with a lightly damp and non-abrasive rag. This will clear the car and truck lettering of dust and grime without getting the product damaged. Strong cleaners or vigorous scrubbing are not to be used on car and trucklettering as this can damage or peel away the product from the surface it has been installed on.
The conventional form of marketing attracts half of your business’s attention even though digital marketing has taken the world of advertisement by storm. Nevertheless, you
Window Graphics-An Effective Way to Boost your Business Window graphics are a variety of hues and colors that make a window fascinating. Regardless of whether